Not sure what to do with stomic?

Options
I am about 180lbs now started at 240lbs 18 months ago. I wnat to get to about 170lbs. I have cut down to where I have very lean legs and arms. I cycle around 20 - 30 miles a day 4 days a week. I still have some weight around my stomic that i want to get rid of. I started abb ripper x today. What else can I do to take the weight off my stomic.

Replies

• sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce so even doing ab workouts won't reduce stomach fat. HIIT workouts and heavy lifting will help but patience and persistence are the real keys.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce so even doing ab workouts won't reduce stomach fat. HIIT workouts and heavy lifting will help but patience and persistence are the real keys.

This isn't entirely true. When you have only a small amount of body fat you can spot reduce. This is because the body will use either fat or muscle for energy depending on which is closest to the area of the body that needs the "fuel". It's more efficient to that than it is to transport fat from area to another. So, if the majority of your body has very little fat and you want to get rid of excess belly fat, do lots of ab work.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

This isn't entirely true. When you have only a small amount of body fat you can spot reduce. This is because the body will use either fat or muscle for energy depending on which is closest to the area of the body that needs the "fuel". It's more efficient to that than it is to transport fat from area to another. So, if the majority of your body has very little fat and you want to get rid of excess belly fat, do lots of ab work.

I have fat feet. What do you suggest for that? I'm at a loss.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Ill echo this!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Get an accurate measurement BMI...know what is good and what is not. From there, it's all mental
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I dunno. My feet lost a significant amount of fat when I started losing weight.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Please show me the science/research behind your statement because everything I have every read sagas you can't spot reduce. You can strengthen and build muscle but it won't reduce fat in a specific area. You hope the body uses the fat stores but even that isn't a guarantee.