Should i log "walking to work" as exercise??

Options
2»

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I suggest logging the things that you normally don't do everyday especially if you already set your profile as lightly active. Mine is set to lightly active too & unless I do a heavy household chore, I only log the formal exercises that I do but I don't log my normal activities that I do everyday such as moderate house cleaning, grocery, walking & lifting inside the office, walking from office to bus station or from office to restaurants during lunch break, etc.

As you shouldn't, because those are not exercise.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I recommend fasted 30-40 minutes fast walks that will burn off your fat.
    I never log my normal walks like from home to work and to the shopping malls and bazaar where I actually carry at least 6kg of stuff with me I think thats just normal daily activity but I never eat my exercise calories back I do eat more on the days I feel that i need to but only now when I hit my goal weight.
    I did use a pedometer for those walks and it usually gets up to 10000 steps but I dont log that.
    I consider walks a that little bonus extra.
  • AakifahSiebert
    Options
    I think it should be logged. I walk on campus to and from class and a lot of back and forth, and I log it.

Someone made the point that your body is already used to it, so don't log it....I disagree with that reasoning though, personally. My body is used to me going to the gym and using the elliptical now 2-3 times a week...so, should I stop logging that now that my body's used to it? That's just ridiculous. *shrugging shoulders* That's jmo.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Log it! No one says you have to eat those calories back every day, but knowing how far you have walked each day is a good thing.
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i've decided to go with the general consensus against logging the calories..........for now. I'm going to give it a go and monitor how it effects my weight. Although i read someone elses views today on not logging exercise calories at all !?!
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i've decided to go with the general consensus against logging the calories..........for now. I'm going to give it a go and monitor how it effects my weight. Although i read someone elses views today on not logging exercise calories at all !?! thanks again for your views guys.