Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
Hi everyone!
Please redirect me if this is in the wrong forum/violates any rules (don't think it does!).

I am interested in getting a heart rate monitor watch that perhaps doubles as a pedometer. I would like to spend $100 or less on it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Morgan

Replies

• freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Use the search button here, you will find tons of post about HRM. FYI, most will be about Polar :)
  • lvl0rg4n
    Options
    Thanks for your time! New forums can be a bit overwhelming sometimes!

Ok, last question! I've Googled "Polar Heart Rate Monitor" and it appears to be a brand.. is that correct?
  • BSackmary
    Options
    I've used Polar, which yes is a brand. I've used the low end ones which just monitor HR. The last one I bought I decided to move up to one that does a little bit more & bought the ironman triathlon. I do really like it and I like the extras it has that my polars didn't. I know I paid < 100. One caution though, I'm 5'10 and weigh 190 - I didn't see your stats. I'm probably about 40" around the chest and the strap is tight. It's doable for me but will likely be more comfortable when I get down a little more in weight. If you're bigger than that, you might find the strap unworkable.