Belly fat!!!!

Options
Anyone know the best way to get rid of belly fat? Iv'e always had a lot of belly fat, even in my "sknnier" days. It sucks so bad because my jeans are always huge in the legs and tight in the waist! I do cardio 60 min 4-7 times per week and I never go over my calories (Only once)...How the hell do i get rid of my belly fat? Someone please help. Thanks :)

Replies

• Jesse13
    Options
    bump
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i know for me, to be rid of belly fat, means to be rid of ALL fat..........thats the place it leaves last.......I routinely have a veiny chest and a pot belly.............
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    All you can do dear is keep losing weight. If you aren't losing your weight right now, in a plateau or something, VARY your exercise. If you have never done a dance class, or a sport, or even yoga... try mixing that in. If you normally use a treadmill or bike, try a stair climber or elliptical! You can even go swimming!

All you can do is keep losing weight... because your body decides where to take the fat from on its own. If thats where its always been, it will probably be the last to go :(
  • miraalaj
    Options
    Try HIIT exercises,and check out the website bodyrock.tv..the exercises posted help a lot.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    All you can do dear is keep losing weight. If you aren't losing your weight right now, in a plateau or something, VARY your exercise. If you have never done a dance class, or a sport, or even yoga... try mixing that in. If you normally use a treadmill or bike, try a stair climber or elliptical! You can even go swimming!

All you can do is keep losing weight... because your body decides where to take the fat from on its own. If thats where its always been, it will probably be the last to go :(

Even if you can only run, try HIIT training :D
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You really can't target an area for fat burning. It happens all over the body. You'll have to research how cardio can help you achieve the results you are looking for. I train with a heart rate monitor and it has helped me rid unwanted fat, but it is not the single, ultimate solution. I also diet carefully, etc.. But what may work for me may not work for someone else thanks to genetics. Hope this helps...

Edit: essentially you want to get your body to the point that it is utilizing lipids as your fuel source for ATP formation. This usually occurs after about ten minutes of easy cardiovascular training (60-75% of your max heart rate). Anything higher and your heart is working in correlation with the intensity. This means your body has to switch to a fuel source that is optimal for higher intensity exercise bouts (carbohydrates in the form of glucose derived from the glycolysis process for example). This is what you call anaerobic fitness.
  • Jes4305
    Options
    I had liposuction in that area 6 years ago. Hardly any pain and took care of problem once and for all.
    :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've heard people say they didn't get a flat belly until they started running. I had a flat belly when I was running. It's good exercise, anyway, and it may be worth a try.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    I've heard people say they didn't get a flat belly until they started running. I had a flat belly when I was running. It's good exercise, anyway, and it may be worth a try.

I would run, but i don't want to do that until I can get a good sports bra. I can not fit into any of them. I am a 40 F...yes. Sorry for the TMI but I really don;t want to be giving myself black eyes! haha....
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    There are four ways documented through research to address the dangerous visceral belly fat.

1. Aerobic exercise - at least 30 minutes 4 times a week of vigorous aerobic exercise. Strength training had no effect.
    2. Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially soluble fiber. Make sure that at least 10 grams of soluble fiber are in your daily intake.
    3. Six to seven hours of sleep per night. Over eight is as bad for fat storage as less than six.
    4. Manage your stress. Social support, meditation or prayer and exercise all help. It is the production of the stress hormone Cortisol that is helped with this. Too much Cortisol is a factor in weight gain and a barrier to weight loss.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    There are four ways documented through research to address the dangerous visceral belly fat.

1. Aerobic exercise - at least 30 minutes 4 times a week of vigorous aerobic exercise. Strength training had no effect.
    2. Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially soluble fiber. Make sure that at least 10 grams of soluble fiber are in your daily intake.
    3. Six to seven hours of sleep per night. Over eight is as bad for fat storage as less than six.
    4. Manage your stress. Social support, meditation or prayer and exercise all help. It is the production of the stress hormone Cortisol that is helped with this. Too much Cortisol is a factor in weight gain and a barrier to weight loss.

I thought visceral fat was the fat you need, the fat that surrounds organs? Cutaneous fat is the type i want to get rid of, right? But thanks for the info, i will take all of that into account :) Yeah, cortisol is an issue for me because I tend to have a lot of anxiety and stress out easily. Maybe i need to calm down a bit. haha...
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options

I thought visceral fat was the fat you need, the fat that surrounds organs? Cutaneous fat is the type i want to get rid of, right? But thanks for the info, i will take all of that into account :) Yeah, cortisol is an issue for me because I tend to have a lot of anxiety and stress out easily. Maybe i need to calm down a bit. haha...

Visceral fat is, as you said, necessary to surround and cushion the organs, but only in small quantities. The sub-cutaneous layer of fat right under the skin isn't the most dangerous belly fat. If you have a big belly, you almost certainly have too much visceral fat, and when that happens, the fat can be dangerous. It puts out inflammatory substances, impedes liver and heart function, and increases your risk for diabetes and hypertension among other things. If you are getting rid of excess visceral fat, you are getting a flatter belly plus extending your life and improving your health. It isn't just a cosmetic problem.