Just started - Friday the 13th (March)

Options
Everytime I've tried to keep a food journal, I give it up by lunch! I just can't handle the paper and pencil versions. Now that I've found a digital one, maybe I'll actually keep it up.
I joined a fitness program 4 months ago, and have followed through with going to the gym 3 times a week. But the diet part is so tough. One of my requirements is a food journal, so here goes . . .

Replies

• boatysnook
    Options
    Everytime I've tried to keep a food journal, I give it up by lunch! I just can't handle the paper and pencil versions. Now that I've found a digital one, maybe I'll actually keep it up.
    I joined a fitness program 4 months ago, and have followed through with going to the gym 3 times a week. But the diet part is so tough. One of my requirements is a food journal, so here goes . . .
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I was looking to see if anyone had said, "good luck" in reply to this... nothing. Where's the irony people?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    good luck

That's what I'm talking about!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

the logging the food really opened my eyes,,,,the protions amazed me...like creal..I use to eat 5-6 servings and thought it was a nornal serving...logging really helps..now I do it in my head for the most part..

have fun and seriously
    good luck
    Dave
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    For me, logging my food (on an official site that doesn't round down or underestimate calories :wink: ) has been the most critical factor in my recent weight-loss success. Since January 5, I have lost 19 lbs. Twenty pounds was my original goal.

Once I started to understand my "calorie bank" and treat my calories just like a budget, I really saw where I had messed up in the past. Now I do the math all the time, and I know exactly how 4 brownies on Tuesday really messed up the rest of my day--because 440 calories (these were like the most insane brownies EVER) fitting into a 1200 calorie-per-day diet really isn't sustainable. Unless you crave nothing but veggies for dinner :tongue:

So anyway, welcome to the site, keep tracking your daily intake, come here often for advice and inspiration. Good luck!