Dannon Oikos!

Options
I love greek yogurt, and recently found the Dannon Oikos. They're cheaper than usual greek yogurt and I can't tell the difference between these and the regular Oikos!

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I just found some good Greek yogurt (I buy the Dannon Oikos too, usually). Aldi now has Greek yogurt if you have one close by! I was getting my Oikos for 1.25 each, but the Aldi brand (Friendly Farms) is only .89! They only have plain, strawberry, and blueberry, but they're all three very tasty with great texture.
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    Dannon Oikos is my favorite!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Read the label...if it has more sugar than protein, its not worth 5 cents.

Just because it says "greek yogurt" doesn't mean its good.... and if you're buying all the ones with the fruit you're NOT really getting the full benefit. Oikos makes a 0% plain -- that has almost triple the protein to sugar... so does fage/chobani etc... better off buying the good stuff and adding your own flavor/sweetener.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree with MissMary. The plain is soooo yummy. And you can add your own toppings :)
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    my favorite, is the fage 0. But for the big container it's almost $7.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 That's just too much for yogert. I have been trying some of the less expensive greek's just 'cause i'm a penny pincher. WM does have it, but it's still 6 bucks or so.
  • stylist9
    Options
    :drinker: Make your own, it is way better for you! I bought a great Yogurt maker off of Amazon for $70 called The Waring Pro and have gotten my monies worth ten times over. I use nonfat milk, nonfat dry milk, Penzeys dbl strength vanilla, Agave nectar or maple syrup. The secret to the consistency of Greek yogurt is to let it process for 10 hours in the yogurt maker, and use a candy thermometer to get the perfect temp. Takes no more than 5 -8 minutes to make and It is fabulous, you'll never go back to store bought yogurt again.
  • a_claire
    Options
    As a college student, I really have limited choices. Compared to the regular, sweetened, full fat yogurt in the cafeteria, the Oikos is the better choice for me. I wish it had less sugar, but it's a compromise I choose to make.
  • fadeddreamz58
    fadeddreamz58 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You have posted my new addiction! I am in love with it.
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love the Danone Oikos plain.

such a good source of protein and fat

here's a link that contains the product info and nutritional info

http://www.danone.ca/en/products/oikos.aspx
  • a_claire
    Options
    IMHO plain Greek yogurt tastes like diaper paste. Or what I think diaper paste would taste like.
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    IMHO plain Greek yogurt tastes like diaper paste. Or what I think diaper paste would taste like.

Try it with a little bit of Stevia mixed in. It cuts out the tart taste
  • jennasnyder
    Options
    Dannon, the most renowned yogurt Brand known to mankind , utlized what it's been good at the last (I don't know) century(??) to manufacture the BEST Greek yogurt in the industry. Better taste, better packaging, better appearance on the shelf....better, better, better. Plus, my running partner told me Sam's Club has a variety pack with a cherry option!! Beat that Chobani.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Dannon, the most renowned yogurt Brand known to mankind , utlized what it's been good at the last (I don't know) century(??) to manufacture the BEST Greek yogurt in the industry. Better taste, better packaging, better appearance on the shelf....better, better, better. Plus, my running partner told me Sam's Club has a variety pack with a cherry option!! Beat that Chobani.

Best to who? Anything Dannon, Yoplait, Chobani or store brand especially is GROSS.