The first signs of my hard work

Options
Gillby
Gillby Posts: 22 Member
Well it's been 2 weeks and 4 days since i started this journey. Starting off at 96kgs with an end goal of 55kgs was certainly daunting, especially as i've never done anything remotely active in my life. I'm battling my bad knees and lungs to gain some endurance with my exercise bike.
I've had good days and bad days just like everyone but i'm so focused on that end goal despite the fact that I honestly don't see a damn bit of difference in how my clothes fit. It seems i've been looking at it the wrong way though.
Last night I was standing on tiptoes giving my daughter a kiss and cuddle in the top bunk when my partner walked in. He stopped dead in his tracks, eyes wide and said "Gill, oh my god have you seen your calf muscles? That is SOOOO hot!!!" Feeling quite empowered I wandered to the mirror, turned my back, stood on tiptoes and checked out my legs.... niiiiiice! I have some excellently toned calf muscles. I must agree... it is quite hot!
It's so nice to see that the 11kgs has changed something coz my clothes all fit the same!

Replies

• Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Love it, good work girlfriend!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeet!! good job
  • Spudrick9
    Options
    So proud of you...keep it up...and together we can go through our journies and be the hot Mom's we know we can be!!!!...:flowerforyou:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    honey, if you can stop your man in his tracks, your effort has not been in vain. WTG, excellent NSV
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy! Congrats =D
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV
  • Gillby
    Gillby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm 1/4 of the way there so i figure i must be starting at the bottom and working up. thighs / bum for the next quarter, then belly, then arms... haha
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV!
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Now thats a great first goal for ya lol even tho you didnt even know it was one!!!! NICE!:flowerforyou:
  • womblesgirl
    womblesgirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic to hear :)
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    10 kgs is 22 pounds, that is great, what i noticed was you still wear the same pants, but may be your waist goes lower, i am not good at explaining this, take pictures it will help, measurements!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!