Question about the way I do cardio?ol

Options
Hi all :) I have a quick question. When i go to the gym, I tend to do 15 minute intervals on each machine. So usually, i start with the stationary bike. I do that for 15 min, then get off and do the elliptical for 15 minutes...get off of that and do the treadmill for 15 and will do the elliptical for another 15 min, all equaling an hour. Is this a bad way to go about this? I mean, if I i am stuck on on a treadmill for an hour, I honestly feel BORED and i start dreading the remaining time and it takes forever. But when I do 15 min on each machine, I feel like it goes faster and I don't dread exercise. I'm losing weight, but I just want to make sure I am going about things the right way? Thanks!

Replies

• ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would say that what ever keeps you motivated and gets you moving is good.
  • Ilovebeagles
    Options
    If it's working for you, stick with it. Either way you're getting cardio in, and actually you're cross training, which is great. No point forcing yoursef to walk the treadmill for an hour and hating it. Keep up the good work, and hour of cardio is great!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If it gets you're as off the couch you're doing it right :)

If you tracking calories though you need a good HRM with a chest strap so you can tell what you're really doing.
  • babs23
    Options
    I do the same thing. Why is cardio so boring??? lol Plus, my feet fall asleep on the elliptical if I stay on longer than 20 mins, so I have to move on.

I'm losing too, so we must be doing something right. I think it's fine also long as you're moving from one machine to the next, keeping your heart rate up.

I have a bodybugg and I consistently burn about 700 cals in an hour of doing cardio like that. Works for me!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I think it is fine! keep it up!
  • juggalotus
    Options
    If it gets you're as off the couch you're doing it right :)

If you tracking calories though you need a good HRM with a chest strap so you can tell what you're really doing.

I do have a HRM :) And i love it! I have a polar ft7...couldn't ask for anything better!
  • juggalotus
    Options
    I do the same thing. Why is cardio so boring??? lol Plus, my feet fall asleep on the elliptical if I stay on longer than 20 mins, so I have to move on.

I'm losing too, so we must be doing something right. I think it's fine also long as you're moving from one machine to the next, keeping your heart rate up.

I have a bodybugg and I consistently burn about 700 cals in an hour of doing cardio like that. Works for me!

Yes! My toes start getting tingly and "burney" after about 15 min...So i guess it's good! Same thing happens to me on the bike too lol. I wanted a body bug but they are too expensive. Ugh maybe one day! I use the polar ft7 and it tells me that I burn about 600-700 calories per workout. Nice :)