Hellmans/Best Food LIGHT Mayo??

Options
I just purchased Best Foods 'Light' Mayo today. It says it's half the fat / half the calories of the regular mayo. Has anyone tried this light mayo? What is your review on this? I really want to try it with a tuna sandwich on whole grain/sprouted bread with sliced up tomatoes. I know that mayo should be cut out as far as eating healthier BUT I heard it's ok to use light mayo as an alternative. I definitely don't want to make this a staple in our household though if it's not as good as it may seem! Any responses are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Replies

• RocketsGirl75
    Options
    the best that I have tried is the Kraft....light mayo in moderation is a healthy fat...
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I like light hellmans --- but usually i use things like greek yogurt, guacamole or hummus instead of mayo. (depending on the recipe)
    You can stir things like knorr dry soup, taco seasoning etc. into greek yogurt to make yummy dips.
  • Cinnamonie
    Options
    I don't notice a difference at all! But I tend not to with these things. To me, it tastes great.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never bought anything but light mayo in my life. I grew up in a fat free/low fat household, so it was rare I ate regular mayo at all. Because of that, I prefer it to regular mayo.

My fiance switched to eating the light mayo when he met me. He doesn't taste a difference in it and enjoys it as much as regular mayo.

Like you, I like to have mayo on somethings so I keep the light mayo in the house, but I don't go crazy with it just a little here and there for certain sandwiches and salads.
  • dirtygirldiva
    Options
    I don't buy anything but Best Foods. And there really is no difference in taste. Just stick to the serving size and you should be good.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested to me earlier today to mix half light mayo with half light Greek yogurt for tuna salad and u can hardly tell a difference. I haven't tried it yet but I am intrigued!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've only tried Hellmans light mayo and I personally can't stand it, I go for full-fat and full flavour versions and just use less of them to reach the same "calorie reduction" I use whole milk instead of skim too!
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I use it because real mayo is so fatty. I don't like it though. It is just sort of one of those sacrifices I make to lose weight. Something to put on my tuna that isn't fatty.