Water

Options
Some times I have trouble getting in all the needed water. I am also hearing & have read that 6 classes of water is plenty because the food we eat makes fluid. So, it 8 glasses or 6 glasses. :smile:

Replies

• iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i end up drinking 10-`12 glasses a day. i put a cup measuring cup right by my sink, and whenever i go in there i just drink a whole cup :D
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i drink 1.5 gallons every day..............its good for you
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I almost never drink plain water...but I do make sure I get at least 9 glasses a day -- usually its more like 11-13.
    I drink a lot of protein shakes, decaf coffee/tea and natural crystal light.. I would be thirsty with only 6 glasses. You just need to find something you LIKE to drink! I would get about 1 if it had to be plain water.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    this is advice i gave a friend:
    drink a cup of water before your meals.. & carry refillable bottle around with you. with water that is lol..
    & set a target for the amount of water you want to consume every hour or two

on average, i consume 12 cups of water
  • ziggylove
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking plain water. I just don't get thirsty much, so when I do drink water I kind of have to force myself. Although I drink black tea in the morn and a couple mugs of green tea in the evening, I might look into decaf teas during the workday (not a big fan of herbal tea taste).
  • Kickinthehabit
    Options
    Caveat : i don't particularly like water. Today I put two lemons and some mint leaves in a 1/2 gallon of water. I was really busy and only got two glasses down. But it was refreshing and tasty. I will definitely get more water in tomorrow because I will be kickboxing in the am. I drink other liquids during the day.

Water is important, BUT, I read somewhere that there seems to be no scientific study to back up the 8 glasses a day theory. That number just seems to have been mentioned, then repeated enough in popular diets that it became accepted. So, I try to drink more water than I want, but I don't worry about the 8 glasses anymore. When I am eating well, I tend to drink some water which is good because when I am eating poorly I drink no water at all. It's part of the bad habits. : )
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The whole "drink 8 glasses per day" deal is a total myth. People make the mistake of not taking their food into account, which contains hydrating properties on its own. Basically, you should drink until you're no longer thirsty. I drink a lot everyday, but that's only because it makes me feel full, so I end up eating less. It's incredibly annoying peeing about 50 times a day, though.