What's your favorite cardio machine?

Options
Goodmorning MFP! What is your favorite cardio marchine? How has it helped you towards your progress towards weight loss and what areas has it helped you shed fat / trim down / lose inches?

Would love some feedback from any MFP friends here, as i'm making a switch from the treadmill to elliptical and the arc trainer!

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning MFP! What is your favorite cardio marchine? How has it helped you towards your progress towards weight loss and what areas has it helped you shed fat / trim down / lose inches?

Would love some feedback from any MFP friends here, as i'm making a switch from the treadmill to elliptical and the arc trainer!

I like alternating between the elliptical and stairmaster. Apparently I don't know how to run correctly (or my shoes suck) because I get shin splints far too easily. So I only use the treadmill for walking. I may start swimming one day/week, though; it's been forever.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    my favorite cardio "machine" is good ol' sprint interval training in my cul-de-sac.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I am a former treadmill addict (when I'm not in zumba or cardio kickboxing!) --- but I recently found this new machine:
    http://www.precor.com/products/en/commercial/cardio/new-experience/amt

It's sort of like an elliptical but it is no impact and awesome -- I burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes on it and it feels like you're just running on a cushy cloud - I love it. It's call an adaptive motion trainer.

It has multiple settings and you can actually make it work like a stairmaster too but I prefer the running stride thingie.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much elliptical obsessed. It makes me sweat like crazy, it goes by quickly with some good music, it burns TONS of calories, and it doesn't put much strain on my joints.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Rowing erg. Because anything else is just not manly ;)
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use the treadmill a lot, followed by the stairmaster, then the Precor AMT, sometimes I use a rower (but that one kills me)
  • charlieprince
    Options

honestly it's not so much cardio that got me going so much as an iphone app called "BeatBurn", simply put it is AWESOME! best $4 I've ever spent on fitness.. it's like your own personal coach/trainer

:) if you're switching to elliptical and have an apple product itouch/ipod/iphone, get "BeatBurn", you won't regret it
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    With my terrible back and knees the elliptical has been a godsend.
  • socialite1
    Options
    my favorite cardio "machine" is good ol' sprint interval training in my cul-de-sac.

Same here but I got to the lake!!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I alternate between my stationary recumbent bike and Wii Fit Plus (yes, it really works!). : )
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Elliptical ...Hands down~! I LOVEd it so much I bought one for my house and it has been the best investment I've ever made! I can tell you that if purchasing one.....make sure to do your research! basically you get what you pay for!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    sneakers
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The awesome STEPMILL. IMO the most challenging of all cardio machines.

Stairmaster_7000_PT_Stepmill_Used.jpg
  • cbanfiel
    Options
    I am actually obsessed with the treadmill. I'm such a control freak so I need to know my exact pace, calories burned, distance run, etc. on a constant basis which means running outside is not an option but I LOVE running so the treadmill is a Godsend! As an alternative, though, the elliptical is fantastic. Probably the best workout I've ever had is putting the resistance (or incline depending on your machine) up all the way and "running" (quite the overstatement as it's more like wading through quicksand) for 12-4 minute on-1 minute off intervals. You burn an insane amount of calories and need to drink water like it's your day job but it really works!
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options

i think so too!! stairs are so tricky!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I use the elliptical or rower or the adaptive motion trainer. The rower and the AMT kick my butt. I really like the Arc Trainers, but my current gym doesn't have one.

I try to row for around 10-15 minutes than go to an elliptical. I HATE treadmills. I'd rather walk around somewhere outside. If I am am completely desperate I will hop on a bike if the gym is full.

I do intervals on the elliptical. Still building some endurance for better intervals on the rower and AMT. For now, I row sprints for 250M.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The arc trainer is my FAVORITE!! I was a faithful elliptical user, but this kicks way more butt.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Elliptical.

It's like a secuirty guard at a reggae festival.....

..easy on the joints.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    ARC TRAINER. I was using the treadmill before until I found this gem. I burn double of what I burn on a treadmill and my heart rate gets way higher!
  • MARI1010
    MARI1010 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Ohhhh this one kills me!!!! So that makes it a good one.