I've perfected a GF bread recipe -- I just have to share it!

Options
therobinator
therobinator Posts: 832 Member
As some of you may know, I have been experimenting over the past week-and-a-half with GF bread recipes because my household is going gluten-free to try and help my hubby's tummy issues. Consequently, he has been feeling great since we made the change.

Well, four recipes into my experiement, and I think I've got it. Does this look like GF bread to you? I bet it doesn't.

See the recipe at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/therobinator/view/the-sneakiest-gluten-free-bread-ever-as-in-you-can-t-tell-it-s-gluten-free-150051

IMG_6616.JPG

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I will deffinently look at this.. Thanks for sharing.. My household is also GF.. My husband found out he had celiac disease about 4 yrs. ago..
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome.
  • therobinator
    Options
    Deleting an answer to a question that was retracted. Oops. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Excited to try it!! Have you tried the granola protein bars yet? I'm getting ready to make my next batch, but I'm running out of powder. Do you use a protein powder? if so, which one? Mine's pretty good, but a little grainy, and hella expensive.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    OH it looks so good! I think I have to get the bread machine out today... I'm inspired. :) We're not GF but there's nothing better than fresh bread! :)
  • therobinator
    Options
    Excited to try it!! Have you tried the granola protein bars yet? I'm getting ready to make my next batch, but I'm running out of powder. Do you use a protein powder? if so, which one? Mine's pretty good, but a little grainy, and hella expensive.
    I don't use protein powder in the bread. The recipe is linked-to in the first post above, but here it is again:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/therobinator/view/the-sneakiest-gluten-free-bread-ever-as-in-you-can-t-tell-it-s-gluten-free-150051

I would love your granola protein bar recipe if you're sharing. Can you PM it to me, or post it here?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I don't use protein powder in the bread. The recipe is linked-to in the first post above, but here it is again:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/therobinator/view/the-sneakiest-gluten-free-bread-ever-as-in-you-can-t-tell-it-s-gluten-free-150051

I would love your granola protein bar recipe if you're sharing. Can you PM it to me, or post it here?

Yeah, I know you don't use protein powder in the bread, I was just wondering in general. I thought I sent you this recipe via email a week ago, but just in case here it is:

Let me know if this makes sense at all. My next batch I think I'm going to make chocolate and coconut.

Protein bars:
    Put in a food processor and pulse until course:
    1 c oats
    1 c almonds
    1 c raisins
    16 tbsp protein powder
    In another bowl mix:
    1 cup rice crispies (original recipe called for shredded wheat instead and for this to be placed into the food processor, but shredded wheat isn’t gluten free)
    ½ tsp cinnamon
    2 tbsp honey
    1tsp vanilla
    2 whole eggs
    4 eggs whites (if making without protein powder just use 3 whole eggs, you need the extra “wet” to make up for the dry mix)
    Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until moist

Preheat oven to 350
    Oil a baking pan (they called for an 8x8 brownie dish, but I just used the next oblong size up) (I put a small amount of olive oil on my finger tips and ran my fingers all over the pan)
    Spread the mixture in the pan, bake for 18 minutes (mine needed 22)
  • therobinator
    Options
    Yeah, I know you don't use protein powder in the bread, I was just wondering in general. I thought I sent you this recipe via email a week ago, but just in case here it is:....
    Oh, duh....sorry. I thought you werer asking rer: the bread and protein powder. And I didn't realize this was you, the same person who I emailed with lst week. I haven't tried the granola bar recipe yet, but I plan to soon. Thank you, again! :happy:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will definitely have to try this. I buy one I like at Whole Foods but it's $8.99 a loaf and like 180 calories for one measly slice (it's smaller than a normal loaf of bread).
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    bump want to try the protein bars for my daughter
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Yeah, I know you don't use protein powder in the bread, I was just wondering in general. I thought I sent you this recipe via email a week ago, but just in case here it is:....
    Oh, duh....sorry. I thought you werer asking rer: the bread and protein powder. And I didn't realize this was you, the same person who I emailed with lst week. I haven't tried the granola bar recipe yet, but I plan to soon. Thank you, again! :happy:

LOL!! I know, and totally get it!
  • cbuscema
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I too have been trying to go gluten-free and was looking for just this type of recipe.

Thanks!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump