Need a pick me up..

Options
I have been working so hard for the last week and a half ever since I started on this site and have been feeling pretty good just working out and eating right I have been feeling good about myself even sexier :) but today I was talking to some people and this guy came up and pointed at my belly and said oh! is that a baby bump? of course I said no.. and then he said oh are you losing a baby bump? I said no sir just fat. and it just made me feel so terrible. I lost weight the first week and my weigh ins are on mondays but right now I just feel like I am at square one... lost how good I was feeling. Frustrated.

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Aww honey! *big hugs*

That's a crappy thing to say to someone. Just keep your head up and keep doing what you've been doing. Don't let some asshat you don't even know ruin your hard work.
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) thats very sweet.. I dont know why it bothered me sooo much! I think it was just because it was bad timing... I have been so excited about this site and then bam! someone has to make me feel all blah.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    trust me, the guy that said it probably feels like a **** aswell.
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: If it makes you feel any better I was once told at a concert I looked like a boy from behind....:sad:

:flowerforyou:
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Hello, Chelsea,

I can understand feeling down because of someone else's words. We've all been there. Take heart in the knowledge that you are doing something about it, to help ensure you maintain the level of health, fitness, and physique that you want.

Ask yourself, however, for whom are you doing this, and why? It is a good and immediate feeling when someone compliments you on how beautiful your figure is; is that why you do it? It is a good and long-term feeling knowing that the efforts you put into changing your eating habits, activity level, and overall your health and fitness behaviors will enable you to live a longer, better life; is that why you do it? What are your motivations? Do they mostly involve how you want others to perceive you, or how you want to perceive yourself regardless of others' perceptions of you or how you compare to others?

I believe that doing it for yourself, ignoring what others say or may think, will benefit you more in the long run, to keep walking your path. So, if you are down now, be down now, but don't be down for too long. Eventually you have to suck it up, stand back up, and get back to doing what you know will ultimately be best for you. Good luck and best regards!

A
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was really really helpful. :happy: