Anyone know if there's a big UK group here?

Options
Lottiotta
Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
I tried the "Search groups" function but the results aren't sortable and most of the general UK groups I looked at were nearly or completely empty.

Is there a good, busy UK group I can join to get UK-specific advice?

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Im not sure there is from what ive seen. theres a few threads for friends from the UK which can help populate your friends list. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10175172/anybody-from-uk/p1
    The UK MFPers are hunrdreds if not thousands of them. Most questions can be answered without the need for it to be country specific. Do you have a uK specififc one?
  • Lottiotta
    Options
    @999tigger I don't have a question yet, but a lot of the things I'm curious about are things where UK-specific answers would save a lot of time, and I'm getting a bit fed up of asking questions and having a bunch of USians say, "well, I'm in the US and we have blah blah equivalent, and we get it from blah blah shop that only exists in the US..."

Admittedly I've not tried questions like that here on MFP yet, and maybe it just doesn't happen here as much as it does everywhere else. :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    There are lots of us here on the main boards, especially in the (GMT) mornings when most of the US is still asleep :smile:

If you have UK specific questions just mention it in your post and you should get a relevant response.

I think this group is one of the most active UK ones: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/150-team-uk
  • Lottiotta
    Options
    @KarenJanine Thank you, good advice. Also I've joined the group you mentioned - thanks!
  • 999tigger
    Options
    As said above just mention it in your thread title or at the beginning of your question that you are after UK specific answers. Honestly mots of the questions and issues are not UK specific, but about diet fundamentals. Im toying with the idea of writing a UK spec guide or group, but dont quite have the time at the moment. I respond to a lot of threads and im in the UK, theres a ,lot lurking about and especially during UK hours. See hopw your group works for you, bt dont be afraid to ask UK questions on the forums.
  • Lottiotta
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    See hopw your group works for you, bt dont be afraid to ask UK questions on the forums.

I won't. :) There will be plenty of questions that work well in the international places, I'm sure. I just like to take the more local approach a lot.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us UK users on here :smile:
  • wiggawaggle
    wiggawaggle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i'm in the UK, don't think i have many uk friends though, most things are okay across countries
  • 999tigger
    Options
    Lottiotta wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    See hopw your group works for you, bt dont be afraid to ask UK questions on the forums.

I won't. :) There will be plenty of questions that work well in the international places, I'm sure. I just like to take the more local approach a lot.

Think my point was that the UK community is probably the second biggest on MFP and people will most likely be able to answer your question, even if its UK specific.
  • Thatsnakeman
    Thatsnakeman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is this still active/relevant? I’d love to get involved with a UK group!
  • MozzerellaPearl
    MozzerellaPearl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is this still active/relevant? I’d love to get involved with a UK group!

Hi Snakeman, I'm 30s F Hampshire, active and like you, looking for some other Brits 👍
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in Somerset England