im new!

Options
hi guys!! just wanted to say hi to everyone!! im trying to lose 20 pounds by march 18th:].ill be fine if i dont but i just want to lose atleast 10. anything will be good. and i want a flatter tummy!

Replies

• LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi back. Good luck with your journey .
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! So, what's special about March 18? Or is it just about a one-month goal?

That's a pretty ambitious goal. Ten pounds in a month may be achievable if you're well over 200 pounds at this point, otherwise it could be skating out onto the thin ice of unsustainability or health risk . . . though there are a lot of variables involved.

For sure, you can make meaningful progress, with the right approach. What's your plan, at this point, to get there?

For myself, when I was losing, I mostly focused on process goals - those are things I can directly control. An outcome goal, like X pounds by Y date, is indirect: We can head there, but not control it, given how much weight fluctuates day to day, as well as the learning curve for successful weight loss. Process goals are things like log all food every day, get half an hour of invigorating exercise at least 3 times a week, etc. Those are the levers we can move, act on, to get to the outcomes.

No matter what you decide, I wish you great success!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    Twenty pounds in a month is possibly a goal that will set you up for disappointment. What is your current weight? Looking for a "flatter tummy" suggests you aren't obese.

It's generally advisable to aim to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week, and that's even ambitious. This is a good guide:

88a4gry2xzod.jpg