Does anyone suffer from PCOS?

Options
I am looking to find a support group to talk to, bounce ideas off with and do this weight loss journey with all while figuring out what works best with having PCOS. I am not newly diagnosed, however my Dr. was not helpful in the past so I currently am trying to figure out best diets to follow and workouts to do.

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I’ll send you a friend request…
    Four years ago I had insulin resistance, pre diabetes, PCOS, high cholesterol, and borderline high blood pressure with Hashimotos. All of those conditions above have been resolved with mostly dietary changes. I still currently have Hashimotos but it’s well managed and I’ll be working on triggers here soon with my naturopath. I could have thyroid disease forever so I’m not hopeful for a reversal but who knows… it’s amazing what changes can be had with just diet alone.. not sure if there’s a group for PCOS specifically but I share common ailments with my mfp friends.. hope you find what your looking for 🤗
  • lreynolds2019
    lreynolds2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I feel that is the direction I am heading. All levels are bringing to creep up. I am not pre diabetic yet but very close. I am trying now at 37 to teach myself what all I need to do to help with this. Again I appreciate your response!
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and have been testing out various things to manage it. So far the only interventions I've tried that improved my symptoms were taking vitamin D3 every day and reducing white flour and processed sugar. I also tried inositol but it didn't have any effect on my PCOS. Would be interested to know what other people have tried.