HRM won't find pulse - Crane (Aldi)

Options
I bought a cheap £13 HRM from Aldi the other day. I tried it out briefly and it found my resting pulse at 69. I tried to use it in this morning's workout but it couldn't find a pulse! I've tried moving it from wrist to wrist, and have tried putting water on my wrist. Nothing seems to work!

Please help!

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I thought they came with a chest strap?
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    {cue spooky music} It's those marks on your neck... and it wasn't too dark to see your reflection after the lights blew out in the bathroom... you don't have one. Beware the Vampire Hunter. {break for commercial} Halloween will be here before you know it. So will Christmas... /i went to buy a bottle of bleach and some floor cleaner today and they already had Christmas stuff out. Sheez, it seem like it starts earlier every year. Happy New Year! (while I'm at it).

Try the HRM on someone else. Preferably someone that wasn't bitten. LOL
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Aldi, say no more...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Junk it and get a Polar.. I've never had any problems like that with mine.

Plus if it's a wrist one only, it won't be accurate.. you need a chest strap for accuracy in calories burned.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You're dead, so you really shouldn't be moving about or you'll scare the crap out of people
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Did you check the obituaries?

Sorry, I know it's frustrating. I have to agree with PP - go with a tried and true name brand HRM.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Plus if it's a wrist one only, it won't be accurate.. you need a chest strap for accuracy in calories burned.

I agree with the above. I have a Sigma PC 9 that works just fine for $49 on Amazon.
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and have the crane hrm from aldi for about a year and l love it (cost about $19)

Mine has a chest strap as well as the wrist watch/display. I did have a flat battery in the chest strap and that gave me no readings (yes did check my neck for a pulse just to be sure) but changed the battery and back on track.

Emailed the company to complain and they actually sent me a couple of replacement batteries, from Germany!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    {cue spooky music} It's those marks on your neck... and it wasn't too dark to see your reflection after the lights blew out in the bathroom... you don't have one. Beware the Vampire Hunter. {break for commercial} Halloween will be here before you know it. So will Christmas... /i went to buy a bottle of bleach and some floor cleaner today and they already had Christmas stuff out. Sheez, it seem like it starts earlier every year. Happy New Year! (while I'm at it).

Try the HRM on someone else. Preferably someone that wasn't bitten. LOL

this made me lol!
  • iaho1976
    Options
    I've got one of these too and it works fine, but you have to use the chest strap it doesn't work just from the wrist (nor is it designed to).
  • hannah0209
    Options
    thanks for all your responses! didn't realise you had to use the chest strap to get it to work .. bit blonde :P i shall try it out again tomorrow. don't think it's the batteries because the time and every thing else works fine
    :-)

and i'm definitely alive and well! haha. no vampy disliking to light or garlic..

:smile:
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    I use a cheapie I bought from either Aldi or Lidl (can't remember which) and it is accurate - when i use it with my PS3 EA Sports Active the readings correspond, so they are either both correct, or both equally wrong, which is unlikely. :smile:

If it doesn't work right with the chest strap take it back. IMO, you don't need to spend £50 to get a HRM which works.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My condolences on your loss.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    i just bought this today as a back up when I send my Polar back to get fixed (which I've had to do a few times). Glad to hear that some people are getting good results from it. I was actually surprised how much info you had to enter to set it up. It was like setting my Polar up. Fingers crossed :D
  • Peterkoh
    Peterkoh Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Folks,
    ANy idea where could I find an instruction manual for this? Lost mine and can't figure out few bids.
    Thanks
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    have you tried googling the model number?