sore knees after 30 day shred

Options
level 1, day 8 and my knees are sore. has anyone else had this problem? would it be best for me to stop for a few days or purchase some sort of knee support? i dont really want to stop because i know it will be hard for me to get back into it again, but i dont want to injure myself either- level 2 is round the corner!!

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I had achey knees when I did it too, I just carried on and all was ok. I think it's just where the knees aren't used to all the lunges.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hope someone does come and advise you. Level one also gave me a sore left knee. It hurt inside the knee toward front.
    I don't really have much advise to be honest. I took quite a few days to do level one because I did rest my knee. There was one day I wanted to work out but just couldn't do the shred so cycled instead as I find that far less punishing than the shred.

One plus is that I'm now at level two and despite it being a bit more intense it's nowhere near as hard on the knees.

Actually, now I think about it, I might have one little snippet of advise. When I'm doing it now I religiously pay attention to the position of my legs and, as she says, I never let my knee go over the front of my toes, in fact when doing squats I now try to make sure that my ankle to knee stays straight even if it means I can't go as low into the squat. I think that's helped. Don't go as high on the jumps either, try to keep impact levels low.
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i had problems with my knees doing it to. You are right it is so hard to start back if you stop. Take me for instance. That was months ago and i never picked it back up.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES...After about day 6 my knees have been sore. The more I do during the day they stop hurting but as soon as I sit down and rest for a few or getting up in the morning they hurt like hell. I just figure it is from all the pressure I put on them with my jumping and my size. I just finsihed level 1 and it doesn't look like there is much jumping in level 2 so I hope they ease up. For now I just soak in a hot bath and take a motrin when needed.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Move on to level 2. Level 1 was really hard on my knees!! My knees don't like jumping jacks, lol.
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I had that same problem. I just popped some advil and kept going.
  • WowieGarcia
    Options
    I stopped doing the shred because of this and have been doing the kettlebells instead. Surprisingly, I don't get knee pain with the KB even when doing the squats. Could have been the weight distribution when doing the exercises.
  • mrselbow
    mrselbow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've definitely had the same problem in the past. I've since started to make sure I warm up really well before going into lunges, pay careful attention to my positioning and choosing low impact when it's possible.

I haven't done the shred in ages though because I just don't burn enough calories when I do it (level one, at least).