Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Options
susanmalloy444
susanmalloy444 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2023 in Motivation and Support
Okay. I’ve heard over and over diet and movement will help me. I’ve spent 20-24 hours a day in bed for 10 years, and have probably (literally) tried everything else Am I the only one? Let’s Get Out of Bed Together is the channel I’ve been trying to create, but it’s difficult while sleeping lol. I’m starting with 4 days, 10 minutes minimum for HIIT/yoga/Tae-Bo/walking/elliptical/and inclined treadmill. Is there anyone out there? Feeling unbelieved? “You don’t look sick.”

Replies

• Alimacbean
    Alimacbean Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have fibro as well and the fatigue is out if control. I have to do something ASAP or it will keep getting worse.
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I was told by people on MFP that I might have ME/CFS, but honestly I've been too afraid of the stigma that doctors have to go to the doctor and find out if I have it. I've seen some nasty online posts from (alleged) doctors deriding people with ME/CFS as just a bunch of attention seekers and drama queens. I have chronic fatigue which I've had since I was 15, brain fog which I've had since I was 21, and exercise intolerance which I've always had (I get sick or injured very easily if I start doing any kind of regular cardio workout). It's only gotten worse recently because I got flu, bronchitis, and COVID one after the other last month (which I think happened because I was trying to work out regularly and I think it weakened my lungs and made me more susceptible to illness), and also some medication adjustments that went wrong. I've been trying not to sleep 12+ hours a day but sometimes I feel so tired that I feel like I might collapse in public. Open to any and all suggestions to get better.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I dont have those conditions but I’ve also seen some pretty nasty posts on the web about them. I think you need to build up general activity very gradually. Same with any lifestyle change, going all guns blazing doesn’t work for most people. Change has to be manageable in the short term and sustainable long term.
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fibro, chronic fatigue, arthritis and a 100 little other issues. 41 pounds down since Oct 27, 2022 (231 # to 190 #) and everything is cleared up, gone away and no longer plaguing me. It was all stemming from insulin resistance. Not settled in any one weight loss plan but all whole food, fresh and as quality as I can afford…no processed crap food, all home prepped, no eating out, no sugar. Near elimination of alcohol. I keep switching it up to keep my body confused. Currently experiencing great successes with fasting protocols and keto. I’m doing a 30 day, alternate day fasting (36:12) and severe keto at 1750 calories. Feeling like a million bucks. Can’t believe I lived like that for years suffering and medicating. Now I just need to rid another 65# and then I’m 100% certain I will maintain because I never want the pain coming back.
  • MartyF4
    MartyF4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been in daily pain for a while but trying harder to get more active as I was on the fatigue spiral. I havent been on an eating plan very long but I think less sugar, processed food, gluten, alcohol are helping me feel better. I have also been taking probiotics and apple fiber which I have never done and trying to make sure I get enough calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals. I have not lost weight, but the pain is less and my energy is a bit better.
  • MartyF4
    MartyF4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You cant wait to "feel" like working out, you just need to start moving, I am frequently really slow the first 5 or 10 minutes but then my energy kicks in.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Had fibro, chronic fatigue. Got a pedometer. Started at 300 steps/day. Added a step or 2 a week for a long time. Got up to 8 thousand or so before I quit counting--couple of years later. I know it's hard. Cut yourself some slack, but never stop trying. Slow but sure.