Questions for anyone who has ever started the 17DD?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
Please be honest. How long did you make it on the 17 day diet plan? Did you gain back any weight you lost? Are you doing something similar now if you're off the diet (maybe using some of the diet plans but tweaking it to me your lifestyle)?

DH and I are kind of struggling, and today's only been day 4. I am doing okay for the most part, but him talking about all the food he wants to eat is kind of making me want it to. I love that I've lost 4 pounds since Monday, and I want the weight to keep coming off. DH has only lost 2.8 pounds. I exercise a lot more than him though.

I just want some cereal and skim milk or a real burger! Ahhh! LOL

Please give some insight. Thanks!

Oh, I haven't ever done any special "diet" before, even though I've lost over 100 pounds. However, my weight was up, I was craving carbs, and I had plateaued for over 1.5 years. I figured this was a last resort type of thing.

Also, I was always pretty "regular" before this diet, and now I am having problems with that despite drinking lots of water. Grrr!

Replies

• Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have used the 17DD, and I stayed on it for a little under 3 months or about 5 cycles. I am not following it as strictly now, but still using is as a guide. I haven't put any weight back on and I am still loosing.
    I got around the issue of being "regular" by adding a teaspoon of phsyllum husk to my lunch time soup.
  • tlc1222
    tlc1222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this diet since 7/11/11. I have lost 31 lbs so far. My mother started the diet in January of this year. She lost about 30 lbs. She has gained a few lbs back but has not continued to follow the diet.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I started 17 DD over 4 months ago. I have lost over 30 pounds so far. Now though I have tweaked it to suit my lifestyle better. I have kept on with upping my protein, watching the carbs, drinking the water and green tea, but I am not as strict with it as I was the first 2 months. When I am pretty strict with it, I also find I get constipated but have found a product at the health food store called Cleansemore which I find really helpful for that problem. I now also use MfP along with the things I have learned from 17 DD , and I continue to lose, just not as fast. I found after getting through the first cycle it got easier and easier to do. Good luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I guess we need to just stick with it for a bit longer before it gets easier. :smile:
  • Rdy1981
    Options
    I am first round C2D13 and it does get easier, my husband is doing it with me as well and he has lost 13 I have lost 9 although its not huge numbers, we feel better, sleep better, and I have noticed inches gone as well. Dont get discouraged, and as far as being "regular" that has been a problem for us....every few days I take some milk of mag if i'm having problems or give my hubby a stool softener, and add benefiber to our water.