Consistency and accountability friends

Options
I am a 38 yr. old mom, nurse and infamous yo yo dieter with 200lbs to lose. I have dieted my weight up to my max weight. It’s hard finding people in life who understand the battle. I Looking for some friends that would be interested helping with consistency and accountability. I have had difficulty with bouncing from one “diet” to the next because of the abundance of information out there on the “best way” to lose
weight. I would like to achieve balance. If interested please add me!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,613 Member
    Options
    Exactly what @mtaratoot says above!

It boils down to what you’ll hear referred to here as CICO (calories In/Calories Out).

You can eat anything or any “way” you want, as long as you’re eating fewer calories than you’re using.

Have you figured out how to create your calorie goal yet?

Once you do, you’ll begin weighing and logging your food. Don’t expect to be perfect at first, or even in a year or two. But paying attention to what you eat, and making adjustments is a beginning.

For me, I eliminated sugar sodas, and (regretfully) milk (I downed my sweets and chocolate with four or five glasses of milk a day). I learned to cook with very small portions of oils. In fact, I seldom use oils at all now. I made fabulous chicken and beef fajitas with onions and peppers the other night in an un-oiled nonstick pan, seasoned with A1, fajita seasoning, and a little squirt of concentrated tomato paste. A giant, including a couple of low carb tortillas and some queso fresca came to well under 700 calories. A restaurant portion would have been about 2,000 and I’ll stack mine against theirs any day!

Don’t get me started on balsamic vinegar and the 101 ways I used it during my weight loss!

You just have to start being mindful about what goes in the grocery basket and across the lips.

• tammyposhmail
    tammyposhmail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ooh ooh I'll be your friend! 🙋‍♀️
    I'm on here looking for accountability too. I have a real life exercise buddy, but nobody on this app. I do better when I know someone else can see my food diary!!!!
    I'm 39 mom of 2, first goal is getting back under 200lbs I'm ,5'10" and after the last kid and covid I got bigger, been going up and down for the past year making very little progress.. going on our honeymoon trip in 2 months and I want to get serious.

-Tammy
  • ssfx50
    ssfx50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I just started yet again after a year off (from this site). I'm 67 and need to shed 60+ pounds. I lost 30 lbs. in six months on strict Keto and then wound up at the ER. Turns out my old kidneys did not like the Keto regimen. I was disappointed since I had been doing so well so, of course, I consoled myself by eating my way right back to where I started. I, too, have returned to the tried and true "eat less than you burn" method. I'm feeling hopeful since I think I'm more realistic now. It took time to put it on and it will take time to take it off again. I would love to be part of a group. I love hearing how others are doing and sharing their ups and downs. Keeps me motivated.
  • PKDfighter74
    PKDfighter74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I’ve lost 90lbs and still need to lose more.