Long Walk

Options
SuperSnoopy
SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
Just walked the West Highland Way, 97 miles. I spread it out over 7days it was great and the weather was good (rare for West Scotland)
However I actually put a kilo and a half on! I couldnt believe it! all that hard walking - must have been those full Scotish breakfasts each morning and the energy bars and drinks I guess.
It only took me 2 weeks to shift the weigh so am Now back to 72 Kilo.
Not bad for an old codger!!

Replies

• emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    Well done!

Muscles retain water under stress - your weight gain might well 'disappear' as your muscles relax over the next few days.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Was it beautiful? Sounds like a great time.
  • Maura5
    Options
    Superb effort! I'm impressed & inspired. It's time for an adventure of some kind. There's a popular hike here up Old Rag Mountain that I will do sooner rather than later as a result of reading your post. I find that when I do long hikes & carry trail mix with me I eat way too much of it & end up picking up weight. Maybe practicing portion control is in order. But that's no fun! Want to be MFPals? Add me :-)
    Maura
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely walk, is the scenery amazing?
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    that sounds terrific! WIsh I had the time.. oh.. and energy!
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely walk, is the scenery amazing?

The scenary is stunning, we were so lucky with the weather as well.
    Would recommend this walk to anyone, it gives you time to think about your life and your goals etc.

You also meet some fantastic fellow travellers from all over the world.
    I will do it again next spring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!