Hello all !

Options
Today is my first day logging my food intake with this site. I'm thrilled to have such a useful tool for accountability. My goal is to avoid being pre-diabetic. My blood sugars are out of the normal range, but not quite in the pre-diabetic range. I think losing 50 lbs. would definitely help in the prevention! Best wishes to all of us in our quest for good health!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You'll love it. It is so different when it's right in your face. It really educates you on what you are doing wrong. You have to do the work but I have made it my little hobby. (Trying to get the most food for the least amount of calories). Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! The site is great for accountability!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!! u could do it. just take it one day at a time
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am diabetic but with weight loss I am .3 from having a normal A1C. By my next doctor's appointment in December I should be off all my diabetic medications. I am already off my blood pressure medications. I am so happy. Good luck to you!!!!
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is a fantastic site and the people are very supportive. It is amazing to log in your daily food diary and learn from it. It was a super tool to help me lose my weight and now I am using it to maintain it. My biggest fear was putting the weight back on again. I have that fear no longer thanks to this site. Good luck on your journey and feel free to friend me if you wish.