I NEED HELP!

Options
Ok, everyone I am new to this but really need some good advice. I have been working out continously for 4wks now. I have been eating healthy, no fatty foods, only sugar is from fruits. I have been eating breakfast, snack, lunch (salad), snack usually celery or an apple, and a small portion of protein/veggie for dinner. I go jogging m-f for 35mins, I walk 2x 15min breaks, swimming 30mins 2x a week, and weight training 2x a wk. I have not lost one single pound!!!!!!! I am so fustrated. I have never worked so hard to loose weight and it feels all for nothing. I am 34yrs old 5'6 weigh 175 and I wear size 9/10-7/8. Nobody ever believes my weight when I tell them, they say I carry it well. I would love to weigh 145 again. Any advise out there to what I may be doing wrong.

Replies

• BSackmary
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having SUCH a frustrating time. That must be very frustrating!

I am no expert but are you eating enough calories? I don't know as I've ever done it but have read that if you're just not getting enough food your body will think it's starving and do everything it can to hang onto everything. My husband got really stuck at losing weight and his trainer had him eating more food and making sure he had enough protein, he started losing.

Another thought - are your clothes fitting any differently? Maybe you are losing fat but adding muscle? I did that for a couple weeks when I first started both logging food and working out a lot. The scale stayed the same but an inch came off my waist.
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    Make sure you measure yourself..I hit a plateau 5 weeks ago, my weight went up 3 pounds and I'm slowly losing those 3 but I have lost 4.5 inches since then.. Take pictures and measure yourself..the scale can be evil!! Good Luck!
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much yet. And I just hit a plateau a couple weeks ago. I've given up on the scale -- I only use the tape measure. And for good reason! I've lost 3 inches from my waist, and I've dropped at least a jean size. In the end, it's size that counts, not weight. People will notice, even if the scale doesn't.
    I used to weigh myself almost every day, now I just measure myself regularly and and see how my jeans fit. They're getting looser all the time too :)
    Take that, scale!
  • desmcarthur
    Options
    Hi, I think your eating too few calories and too much exercise.
  • oneofHiskids
    oneofHiskids Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Time to buy a new scale. Just kidding!

I agree, you may have cut too much out and your body is protesting. Check your food diary. Are the carbs, fats and protiens close to the recommended daily amounts.

Hoping you get over this hurdle and find success.
  • carkycarky
    Options
    i was in a similar situation, my weight just kept going up and up and i was working out a lot! then joined mfp and came to see i was actually eating more than i realized and snacking too much and actually getting more calories than i realized. mfp is very logical. i have lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks and it's going well.
  • Rogers2088
    Rogers2088 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I Feel for you. I am new at this too, But her is my imput. I am 5'2" and was 160lb. but all the sudden I shot up to 179lb and was eating like a bird,and cutting cal. for a real long time. Ten days ago I went to my VA doctor and told him something had to be done. He said I surly wasn't eating enough, He put me on a 1600 cal diet and I am walking 4mi. and day. I haven't missed a day (like it or not), and trying to stuff my self with the right kinds of foods, and you know what, I still can't eat 1600 cal per day but I hav lost (No Lie) 9 lbs. So there is something to that. The two factors that leads to that, I think is I quit drinking, and quit CHEESE. Thats the hard one. So Girl, Look into it more. Good Luck to you. Don
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    Options
    I'm having the same dilema. Working out like a maniac and trying to watch what I eat. I went to a personal trainer earlier in the week as a last resort. She did a body composition ultrasound to see what my body was made up of and then made recommendations based on my age and weight. She recommended I eat more protein (100 grams), fewer carbs <150 grams, more fiber, and <40 grams of fat a day. 1300 calories a day on workout days, 1200 calories a day on days I don't work out. She also wanted me to use MFP. I had not been paying a whole lot of attention to the number of calories and exactly what my food was made up of, just ball-parking it and MFP was an eye opener! I realized how many carbs and calories and carbs was in that tuna sandwich that I eat every day for lunch. Yikes! I might as well have been eating a Big Mac every day!

Getting past all that, she told me to turn by body into a fat burning machine. Eat something as soon as I get up in the morning (difficult for me), even if I just put milk in my coffee (which I usually don't but now I do). Eat 5 times a day (which I don't but try to now). The big thing that I have never done but am now doing is drinking water. She told me to drink half an oz. for every pound of body weight. In other words if you weighed 200 lbs you would drink 100 oz. a day.

It made sense, so we'll see how good it's working for me by the end of the week. I hope some of this information is helpful to you! Best of luck!