Does your mind play games with you?

Options
Yesterday I went shopping for a few new clothes. I went to Catos. They have 2 sides to their store one is plus size and the other is regular size. I have been on the plus side for about 10 years now. Well I was on the regular side. I am now in size 16 pants and and XL shirt. While I am thrilled to be over on that side I can't fight the feeling that I don't belong there. When I was doing my shopping I almost felt like people were going to think I was crazy and on the wrong side. Does anyone else ever feel this way? It's like Im smaller than my mind thinks I am.

Replies

• mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I have just made it to size 16's and XL shirts but for some reason I still gravitate to the plus size section of all the stores. Weird, I know but I do think it's a mind thing and we will get over it eventually.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    When I pick up clothes in my size in a store (uk 12/14) I always feel people are looking at me and thinking " that's nit your size, you won't fit in that"
    It's difficult to get those thoughts out my head even when I know they will and do fit.
  • Leola2011
    Options
    It is hard to adjust to the psychology of weight loss. We don't see what others see about ourselves and it takes a while to believe what's really there (or not there, as the case may be). For so long, we've accepted ourselves as "big girls" and bought into the limits we've placed on ourselves. Unfortunately, it takes a while for our minds to catch up with our bodies and break those psychological chains.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!