Princess Half- Marathon at Disney?

Options
Has anyone ran the Princess half- marathon at Disney World? I've only done two 5ks and I try to run at least 6 miles a week. Am I crazy for thinking that it may be doable? It's at the end of our Mardi Gras holidays so I will have the week off before the run. I'm just scared that I may be getting way over my head too soon. It just sounds like so much fun and I can scratch it off of my bucket list. lol

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I had been doing about 6 -8 miles a week for 3 weeks before I decided to sign up for a half marathon that was just over a month away. I went onto marathonrookie.com and downloaded the half marathon schedule, counted from the race day on the schedule back the number of days I had and then followed that. I ran the race in 2 hours and 31 minutes. Not a record breaking time, but I didn't care. The only race I had done prior was walking a 5K with a friend. You can do it if you want to, you just have to want to.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    you def can do it, i had never run before and signed up for a half marathon that i actually ran today. i had from 05/11 to 09/11 and was able to finish in 2:08:02!
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am definitely going to train for it. I guess I will decide at the end of November. :)
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Disney Princess Half in February! It will be first half marathon and I'm so excited!! I've been slowly building up my mileage ever week. Right now my long run on Sunday mornings is at 7 miles. I try to run about 3 miles on a couple weeknights.
  • kmihalik
    kmihalik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of running the Princess half too. I've been running anywhere from 15 to 16 miles a week. My longest run so far as been 7.5 miles. If I put my mind to it I can probably break the 13 mile mark by December. Jeff Galloway who consults with Disney posts training schedules for these races. They just started one for the Tinkerbell half. Go to rundisney.com and you can find the schedules there. Good luck, and if you decide to run it, I'm looking for someone to run with...
  • kmvflute
    kmvflute Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done two runDisney races (Royal Family 5K, Expedition Everest Adventure 5K)--currently looking to do the half marathon on the Disney marathon weekend in January. The thing I love about the Disney races is that there is such a variety of people that participate--everyone from serious runners who are doing sub-7 minute miles to people who walk the whole thing with their friends or family. There are people of all ages, sizes, and fitness levels. It's a GREAT place to do your first race because it's low pressure and everyone is there to have fun...no intimidation factor :-) Good luck!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the Tinkerbell Half in January :) I am so excited to do my first Disney race! Hubs and I have wanted to do the Disney Half during September for years, but we always end up on vacation somewhere during that weekend. I can't wait, it's gonna be a blast!
  • RunningDisneyMommy
    Options
    I'm running the Princess too! This will be my second time doing it. This year there is over 20,000 people signed up so there with be a lot of support! This is a race where everyone comes together and supports each other :)