still, NOTHING fits!

Options
i've loss damn near 30lbs, yet and still, i can't fit the smaller clothes in my closet. the clothes i'm currently wearing are loose and ill fitting... so, if i can't get in the 14-16's just yet and my 18-20's are looking tacky, what the hell size do i wear?!?!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose the longer it will take. It will come so don't get discouraged. Baby steps.:flowerforyou:
  • ltnangel_92
    Options
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It will come dont get discouraged.. The same thing happened to me !! :)

10547530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you progressing, just give it a little more time. Weight loss has a time frame of it's own...it's not on anyone schedule except it's own. Keep it up!
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    Try the junior sizes. there sizes come in odd numbers. Try the 17 then.

good idea. it does help a lot. lol. boggles the mind though, to think that i cld fit in to a size range called "junior." a girl cld get used to this.

thx
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We all have been through this. I go to goodwill and buy stuff for 3 to 5 dollars and the clothes are in good condition. I know it is so darn frustrating.:mad:
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    The more you have to lose the longer it will take. It will come so don't get discouraged. Baby steps.:flowerforyou:

baby steps... right!
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    Same thing here! Get's aggravating too.
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    We all have been through this. I go to goodwill and buy stuff for 3 to 5 dollars and the clothes are in good condition. I know it is so darn frustrating.:mad:

it totally is frustrating!
  • mandy014384
    mandy014384 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I am currently between sizes myself. Either my jeans are either too tight or I can pull them straight off me without unzipping them. My jeans are similar styles same brand. I am interested in what people have to say.
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    Sounds like you progressing, just give it a little more time. Weight loss has a time frame of it's own...it's not on anyone schedule except it's own. Keep it up!

thank you for the encouragement!
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    It will come dont get discouraged.. The same thing happened to me !! :)

good to know i'm not alone in all this!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. I was an 18/20 then went down to now I can acually fit into a 12, but it took a while to reshape and get to that point. For a long time my 18 were to big in weird spots and the 16 were too tight in other spots, Then I seemed to drop real quick and only fit into the 16 for like a month and the the 14 for another month.

I would try on different brands too. The ones you have in your closet might not be the right fit for your body shape now.

Best wishes.

BTW I have been stuck at the 40lb mark since July and did not fit into a 12 back then. My body has been re shaping so take your measurments and be patient.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has lost over 100lbs and she said the hardest time to shop was the area between plus sizes and normal sizes. There's a size gap where they don't make the right clothing options.

See if you can find a good tailor to take in some of your older stuff to get you thru the in between period.
  • ltnangel_92
    Options
    Try the junior sizes. there sizes come in odd numbers. Try the 17 then.

good idea. it does help a lot. lol. boggles the mind though, to think that i cld fit in to a size range called "junior." a girl cld get used to this.

thx

See! that just means you are doing a great job!. Keep it up! =)
  • McPenguin
    Options
    GYM CLOTHING!

I live in my gym clothes. I got out of size 28... and into size 24... but nothing fit. Currently, one month post VSG, I've lost over 40 pounds. There was no need to waste money on clothing, since I practically live at the gym anyway.

So I wear gym pants (with drawstring waist), and tops.

If you work in an office, you can get wide leg gym pants (still drawstring) that look cute with ballet flat shoes and a blazer over top of a tank, etc.

It helps to make them fit through more than one size of clothing, so you aren't replacing your wardrobe every 2 weeks. And yes, it's THAT fast. I've gone from a 24 to a 16 in the first month.
  • SleeveMeAlone
    Options
    thanks. you are always so supportive and informative. congratulations on all of your success!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me right now! I can feel that some of my clothes are a bit looser, but not a lot. It's pretty frustrating, but then I don't really want to spend any money on clothes until I've lost some more weight. It's a weird place to be... in limbo.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've lost over 40 pounds, and although my 15's hang off my body so bad I have to tighten them with a belt or they fall right off I still can't fit into the 13's I have sitting on a self with the tags still on from years ago. It's annoying but I've lost most of the weight from the upper half of my body. :) It could just be where the weight is coming off. you'll get there soon.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I seem to cycle pounds and inches. Some weeks I'll lose a few on the scale and everything fits the same, then I'll go a week or two with no scale loss, but clothes get looser.. Give it time..you'll get there!

Keep up the good work...30 lbs is amazing!