diary settings (fat/protein/calories, etc.)

Options
Are diary settings now an upgraded premium feature? I used to have fat/protein/calories/carbs, etc. in my diary feed, but now only calories appears, and when I click on "diary settings" to change what i can see, it gives me an error message. Just wondering if seeing only calories in the diary is now standard, and all other nutrient counters are premium? thanks.

Replies

• Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    99% sure no, it’s just a glitch. However, I have premium, so can’t verify.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Wait a while and try again. When I go to FOOD and then SETTINGS I get to choose five nutrients to track, just like always. At least that's how it works from the website. Are you on the website or an app?
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me! Error message for diary settings. Doesn’t matter how I try to get there. Following this thread in case someone knows what’s up.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Submit a support ticket. Click on help, go through the questions and say no it didn't help, then write up a report. It will get fixed faster if people report these bugs.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I submitted a ticket last night. So far, they've only suggested I clear my cookies and cache. I don't believe that's the problem since it's happening on both my PC and iPhone.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options
    Cheekies_ wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket last night. So far, they've only suggested I clear my cookies and cache. I don't believe that's the problem since it's happening on both my PC and iPhone.

Yeah. It's normal for many level 1 help desks to do that, to filter out things that semi-regularly cause random problems.

(I've worked at an IT support desk. You'd be surprised how many people don't try the simplest things, and how often the simplest things actually work. The help desk folks also don't know you personally, so they're going with ruling out common not-very-insightful problem reports. You know you're smarter than that, you know you're accurate saying that it can't be that since it's both PC and iPhone, but they don't know any of that stuff. There was one software vendor help desk I had to call semi-regularly for a while, a small place, and after they got to know me, they pretty much sent my bug reports straight to level 2 because they knew I wasn't an idiot. At a place with a big user base like MFP, they don't have a prayer of getting to know people that well.)

They'll probably ask you for a bunch of screen shots and stuff, too. That's also routine. It's annoying, it's frustrating. Try not to let it get to you. If enough people report the same thing, and stick with the process long enough to clarify, it really can work.
  • mtaratoot
    Options

They always give me boilerplate the first time, too. Just tell them it didn't work if it didn't. Eventually they'll give it a closer look. Sometimes they tell me to do things with the app when I'm clearly writing about the website; I think some of it is automated. Just persist. You might be glad you did. You're also helping other people with the same issue.
  • jfdlew
    jfdlew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    same thing happening to me. i've been fighting them for weeks on it. they just continuously ask for screenshots/clear cache, etc. I've pointed out to them that it is a problem with their website. it happens across multiple devices and browsers, even on devices which have never logged in to MFP before.
  • markswife892
    markswife892 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    it's still happening, and i've submitted two tickets with screenshots to show the error message i'm receiving. very frustrating because i'm trying to follow my protein very closely right now and i can only see calories!!! >:)
  • markswife892
    Options

yes exactly ^^^
  • markswife892
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Wait a while and try again. When I go to FOOD and then SETTINGS I get to choose five nutrients to track, just like always. At least that's how it works from the website. Are you on the website or an app?

both. my diary shows CALORIES for each entry and that's it. when i go to SETTINGS - DIARY SETTINGS, the only thing that comes up is "ooops! return to my fitness pal" error message.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems. Keep trying support.

Mine clearly shows what I've asked for:

a0kc0q1grlbb.png
  • jfdlew
    Options
    mtaratoot - can you go to settings -> diary settings? does that link work for you?
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    jfdlew wrote: »
    mtaratoot - can you go to settings -> diary settings? does that link work for you?

Yes. It works.

I get this option:

my66a951bw3h.png

In my actual diary, it looks like this:

nqpjedakct2a.png
  • jfdlew
    Options
    interesting that its affecting some and not others. I've tried every possible scenario, even as far as logging in on a completely new, never been used before device and still got the same error. Safari, Chrome, Firefox, private mode, not private mode, ipad, web, mobile, nothing works. I am completely unable to access my diary settings.