Ideas on entering foods?

Options
I've been a member for several months and the last 2 weeks I've dedicated myself to doing this. The past week I've been putting in the foods I plan to eat for the day at breakfast time. I'm finding its easier for me to stay on track for the whole day. Does anyone else do this or have any other ideas?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I always do the same thing. Then I can make changes if I need to. Great Idea. :flowerforyou:
  • jakecan4sure
    Options
    yup. me too. I already know I'm going to have a protein shake after I get home from the gym, what kinda of egg white omelet I'm having for breakfast, and then another oatmeal-protein shake for first lunch. I put those in first thing. Sometimes I also put in my dinner If I'm about to grill my chicken breast for the day. makes it easier and keeps me on track.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've been a member for several months and the last 2 weeks I've dedicated myself to doing this. The past week I've been putting in the foods I plan to eat for the day at breakfast time. I'm finding its easier for me to stay on track for the whole day. Does anyone else do this or have any other ideas?

Ah yes, planning ahead is the way to go. It's what I do too! You can always tweak it throughout the day if needed. It really helps eliminate the anxiety of what to make for dinner when you're running out of calories. You just plan it all out and if you need more cals for dinner or a snack later in the day, you have the option of adjusting lunch or another small meal by a few calories. It also allows you to squeeze in a treat without feeling guilty.

I even pre-log my workouts sometimes, so I can better plan my meals. Knowing I'm going to work out gives me the opportunity to eat more calories at lunch or breakfast.

You are on the right track!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Until I got into the habit of working out, I would log my exercise mid afternoon (I exercise after work). I found that would push me into going because I didn't want to have to undo my posted exercise.
  • crunchymommy
    crunchymommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I never even thought of doing it this way.