Turbo Jam and ab question

Options
I have 2 question and am gonna roll them into 1 topic on here. I am currently doing the turbo jam workouts and LOVE them. They suggest using weighted gloves. I guess I was wondering if 1 or 2 lb gloves are actually gonna benefit me. Has anyone used them? Can you really tell a difference in your workout or definition of your muscles?

My other question is: When I do my workouts and really try hard to contract my abs, sometimes I feel like they are contracted so hard that Im gonna throw up? It doesnt matter if I have eaten or not. Is that normal to feel that?

Replies

• CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    1-2lbs doesnt sound like much but after throwin them around for 30-60 minutes you will think they are very heavy lol
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think the weighted gloves make a huge difference in the toning of my arms. I feel naked if I try to workout without them any more.

As for the abs, not sure, I've never experienced that.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    HAHA you know what? your not the only one that happens too! I not only Burp or burp up some stuff that i ate, but i have noticed i also fart:embarassed: like crazy bc im contacting so much. i call that im decompressing. I LOVE TURBO JAM! you can use the gloves if you want a challege. i personally dont need it, i just punch harder (carefully of course) to get that effect. when i feel lke i want a challege, ill put on some weighted gloves. Good luck! add me if you want a supporter or a MFP friend :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love the weighted gloves! I do them in as many work outs as I can and I DO notice a difference. It feels too easy not doing it when them now.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh man, the weighted gloves are killer! I love them! The old school ones were a little heavier than the new ones, but even the newer, lighter ones really make a difference. They don't necessarily get my heart rate up (well, not a TON) but man do my arms feel like jello after I conquer a workout! There are still days when I get halfway through one workout with the gloves and have to take them off because I'm physically exhausted...and I've been doing Turbo Jam since 2006! :)
  • dk2bfit
    dk2bfit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 2 question and am gonna roll them into 1 topic on here. I am currently doing the turbo jam workouts and LOVE them. They suggest using weighted gloves. I guess I was wondering if 1 or 2 lb gloves are actually gonna benefit me. Has anyone used them? Can you really tell a difference in your workout or definition of your muscles?

definitely! i say go for it!
    My other question is: When I do my workouts and really try hard to contract my abs, sometimes I feel like they are contracted so hard that Im gonna throw up? It doesnt matter if I have eaten or not. Is that normal to feel that?

i haven't experienced that personally (doing TJ since 2008). I would say just review the tuck position and make sure you are doing it properly.

Danielle (momma2tayndyl)
  • caridad512
    caridad512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I have Turbo jam for a while now but now getting back into it this is my second week and I love it i love it, I'm following the guidebook I would love to start a Turbo group any idea how? or do we have one hear on this site would love to put us up to a challange that would be nice.
  • rogue2707
    Options
    That's a great idea If I find the answer you want me to post it up?