Starting Fresh

Options
I need a reboot and some encouragement. I sit here at the same weight I was a year ago with nothing to show for it but good intentions. It seems that each time I get started in the right direction life intervenes. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer the first of the year and now I am not only sitting at my desk all day part of the week but commute for 200 miles (sitting some more) for part of the week to work for at my family business (more sitting) and to stay with my parents the rest of the week. My husband is very supportive and I consider myself blessed to be able to have this time with her and to be able to do this. I literally am working at a desk 7 days a week though. I did kick myself in gear and start C25K three weeks ago and Zumba and kettlebell this week. I struggle to fit it all in and in addition I have gained weight since starting. THAT is pretty depressing. I KNOW that a food journal is the solution and realize if I am unable to assert myself in becoming more fit and healthy I certainly won't be in any position to help my mom. Thank you and I look forward to mutually beneficial interaction and at long last success.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck.
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Weightloss is a struggle that too many people share. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I would love to help support you through your journey.
  • dangerz
    Options
    I also sit at a desk a lot and have an 80 mile commute each day, so I somewhat understand your pain

I think that you might be trying to do too much with too little time right now. Try to pick one of your workout routines (C25k, Zumba or kettlebell) and focus on making sure you make time for those every day. Once you feel like you have time for them, then slowly incorporate more and more into your day until working out becomes as regular as eating.

It's hard to balance work/life especially when you're in a situation like the one you're in now. By doing too much, we risk getting burned out and not doing anything. The key is to take it slow and look at it as an escape from the daily grind.

Best of luck and welcome.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Request sent.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I wondered about doing to much. I think you could be right that I may be overwhelming myself. I am digging the C25K. Think I will concentrate on that for now. In fact.......think I will do that now!