Looking for others who are just starting as well.

Options
Hello, I have just started out on MyFitnessPal and so far I love it. I definitely hope to become healthier and shed some weight. I have been a type 1 Diabetic since I was 13 and haven't taken care of myself at all..now I'm 39 and am certainly feeling the effects. I am 5 '11 and weighed in at 321. I dont appear that heavy due to my body type but I know my body will thank me to get healthy and lose weight and gain confidence.

Replies

• HaviMom75
    HaviMom75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined too. Am 47, pre diabetic and am feeling the effects of not exercising or eating well for 2 decades.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You definitely deserve a healthier approach. :flowerforyou:

One day at a time, I try to make better choices.

Some days are better than others. Right back it, though.
  • 8z9tqg4gjc
    8z9tqg4gjc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m new here, too! 49 and want to lose 30 pounds. I’m spending the day making a shopping list. I’m making a separate list of all of my non- negotiables like iced coffee so I can work them into everyday. Let’s do this!!!
  • greatenergy
    greatenergy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning, This is my gibillionth time trying to get rid of my weight.Something inside says to me I am going to do it this time. I'm 70 with a herniated disc and really have no choice if I want to stop being in pain. I have 30 pounds to lose. I can tell you that my big difference is that I am logging what I eat. I would skip it if I knew that I went over. Committing myself to logging everything has made a difference. One more item that helps is if you are going out to eat, review the menu and log your meal including drinks. I do that in the morning, and am able to calculate my calories through out the day. You are all superstars for recognizing that you want to do something about your weight. You will succeed!
  • StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm back to MFP after a few years of gradually finding half the 50 I lost in 2014. I'm 48 with about 20 to lose now. Eager to make new friends here.
  • GymGirl565
    GymGirl565 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋 I'm starting again today at my heaviest ever weight. Feeling so bad about myself and don't know how I got to this point (except I do know really 🙄). Currently need to lose around 4 stone, trying to be positive, telling myself I have lost weigh before, I can do it again. It just goes back on so easily.
  • HaviMom75
    HaviMom75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need buddies too! I’m 47, have 80 pounds to lose and a host of heath issues like sleep apnea and back pain that has become chronic. This is for my health!!
  • agilitydogs676
    agilitydogs676 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose weight and eat healthier for my health. Was just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I'm 63 and hoping that tracking will help me cut back and eat healthier.
  • kirstyavdp
    kirstyavdp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started on Monday (typical day to start right??). I am 42 and live in New Zealand. I lost 50kg (110 pounds) 3 years ago but after a messy divorce gained 20kg (44 pounds) back again. I am now ready to get them gone!

I would love to meet new people on here.