Just wanted to introduce myself. 56 year old overweight and sedentary,peri menopausal and ready to sort myself out .

Replies

• nnn8ra
    nnn8ra Posts: 1 Member
    Same, sister. It just doesn’t want to come off after the hormones turn off. Hoping the tracking, meal ideas, and accountability turn it around for me.
  • dlittlegen
    dlittlegen Posts: 6 Member
    I am the same - almost 60, have thyroid issues and a sedentary job. Am the heaviest i have ever been.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    It can work. I'm severely hypothyroid (treated), started here at age 59, lost weight during just under a year (50-some pounds), have stayed at a healthy weight for 7+ years since, now 67. I'd been in full menopause for a couple of decades by then (cancer treatment - chemotherapy - in my 40s brought on menopause early). I'm far from the only woman here with that kind of story.

Stick with it, experiment, try strategies that sound do-able to you, drop the ones that don't work out (you didn't fail, the method did), try something different until you find the right personal set of habits that gradually lead to weight loss, then long term pretty-happy habits you can continue long term. Just keep chipping away at it, don't give up, and you can succeed.

My advice would be to think about how to make the process easier, more than about how to make it faster. Those tactics will be very individual, because we all have different preferences, strengths, challenges.

Best wishes!