My motivation left with Tony!

Options
I have lost all motivation. :cry: I was 2 months into P90X and killing it......then I got sick and it was all over. So it has now been about 4 months and I just can not find the motivation to get going. I've put back on about 5lbs, been sick more and feel like total Poo! You would think that all that right there would be enough to get me going again....uhhhh not so much! It is so frustrating. I've got to get going before I start putting on some serious weight. Any tips or advice?

Replies

• piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have lost all motivation. :cry: I was 2 months into P90X and killing it......then I got sick and it was all over. So it has now been about 4 months and I just can not find the motivation to get going. I've put back on about 5lbs, been sick more and feel like total Poo! You would think that all that right there would be enough to get me going again....uhhhh not so much! It is so frustrating. I've got to get going before I start putting on some serious weight. Any tips or advice?

Sucks doesnt it?
    Man, can I relate.

When I (or you) get that way all I can say is "give it 5 minutes". I dont know if you have any other form of exercise available, or if you can say "I'll just do 5 minutes" of this P90X thing but Ive found that if I say to my draggy melancholy self "just 5 minutes" I will do it. I go and start exercising and sometimes I do it for 45 minutes and, honestly, sometimes its only 5 or 10 but at least I did something. That starts to get me out of the pity ditch...

Good luck..
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    GET UP AND DO IT.

That's it. There is no magic and you know it. You know you can do it because you have done it. So, prove how strong you are and DO IT! TODAY!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yeah- start doing P90X, again. If you feel too much like poo to go all out with that- start smaller: go for a walk, do some small exercises in your living room. Think about why you decided to lose weight in the first place- and focus on that.
    Good luck!!!!
  • Statsol
    Statsol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Whenever, I have trouble getting back to exercising, I take a really long walk (2 hours or more). It seems to clear my brain of obstacles and I am ready to work out the next day feeling fresh. I think the reason it works is that you are just walking which fools your procrastination mechanism.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Yep, no magic about it. "Just push play. Do your best and forget the rest..." Sometimes looking at the whole 90 days is just too much. Think about just 30 days, or a week. Small bites are easier to swallow.