Weight Loss Contest

Options
I need something to motivate me to lose weight. I took my dream vacation earlier this year - I lost 20 pounds three months prior. After I got back, I have lost my will to lose the weight! I've gained eight pounds back:( I know that my desire to be healthy should be enough motivation for me but it isn't! I want to start a local weight loss contest (similar to the biggest loser) but I'm not sure about the legality, etc... What I have in mind is to start the contest on about October 1 and end it on about December 15. I want there to be a non-refundable entry fee of $50/person - all of this money would go into a 'kitty' and on December 15, the person with the highest weight loss percentage would win all of this money. So everyone who took it seriously would have lost weight for the Holiday Season and also stands a chance to win some Christmas Cash. I would keep the entry time open for the first two weeks for latecomers to join. I figure we could get together and weigh every two weeks to see who is in the lead maybe? I could have the contestants sign something that states the rules and that they realize they should consult with a physician before starting any weight loss program, etc... Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine owns a fitness studio. We are starting a challenge October 1st. Each of us throw in $10 to start and she finds other people and places in town to donate to the pot, whether it be gift certificates, prizes or money. We do 90 days and the top 5 at the end win prizes.
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome idea! Maybe I should make it more affordable and drop the price to $25 - then find prizes, etc.... Thanks!