ok i need some input

Options
krash999
krash999 Posts: 476 Member
ok now i have read a lot of first date gone wrong horror stories, so in attempt to keep one i have coming up soon from venturing into that category i need input. would lunch and mini golf be a bad idea? ok a little background is i am meeting this person for the first time off of an internet dating site (pof) and as of right now lunch is the only thing planned. so i am wanting to have some ideas for suggestions if lunch goes well.

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good idea to me, mini golf is fun and allows you to be yourselves and just have a good time.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I like the lunch and mini-golf idea! I think it will be fun and give you the opportunity to do something other than eat and interview each other (that's what it feels like on a first date). Hope it goes well! Give us an update!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    That sounds like fun, BUT depends on the weather where you are. Here in Texas (Houston anyway), it is very hot and humid. As a female, I wouldn't want to go on a first date and get all sweaty and have my hair frizz up. If it's a nice, cool day then mini-golf is an awesome idea! Have fun!
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    As a girl, I would love to be taken on a date like that! I've been with a guy for 3 years and sadly it's been well over a year since I've been taken out.
  • mkpearse
    Options
    that was mine and my husbands first date...been married 8 years now, together for 10. PERFECT idea!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I think doing active things on a first date is a great idea. It promotes much better conversation. My first date with my SO was on a bike ride and it was the perfect icebreaker. We've been together for almost 4 years now.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    well i completely forgot to check the weather. the good news is that it is supposed to be a high of 75 with 50% humidity, so hopefully it wont be too bad. but i always say it takes 24 hours to predict the weather for the next day.
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    Wonderful idea! Just be yourself and have fun!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd love that!!! :) It's a great ifea. Have fun!!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    One of my first dates off there was a mardi gras party at a gay bar. Possibly one of the wildest nights of my life.

I've done a coffee (cute asian girl who kept talking about harry potter and xmen) which wasn't as awkward as you'd think. We hung out for 2 or 3 hours just talkin about stuff in Chapters.

Another girl we went shopping in 2nd hand stores (she used to work for a company that finds clothing at them, then resells online for hundreds more) which was pretty interesting. Led to drinks , dinner and some other things.

Anything can be fun really.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    sounds like a good time do it :D
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    that is an awesome idea for a no pressure first date!

my only advice is, let her know beforehand, so she's wearing the right pants and shoes.
  • mamabearr
    Options
    Mini golf dates are on of my favorites! Even though I am terrible and my boyfriend likes to brag.
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! Have fun! :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    well i completely forgot to check the weather. the good news is that it is supposed to be a high of 75 with 50% humidity, so hopefully it wont be too bad. but i always say it takes 24 hours to predict the weather for the next day.

That sounds like perfect mini-golf weather!