Out of calories !!!!

GloriaBJN
GloriaBJN Posts: 78 Member
edited March 2023 in Motivation and Support
Well it happened. I started eating my calories too early in the day, and to top it off ate things that didn't satisfy, and was left with no calories, still early considering what my regular schedule is. I did NOT die. I drank zero calorie liquid until it was time for bed, and stopped looking at MyFitnessPal log page. Out of sight, out of mind. I'll do better today and was careful to log a previously rewarding snack meal to avoid the pitfall.

Replies

• newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    Way to go, GloriaBJN! Nice will power!
  • Genie_B99
    Genie_B99 Posts: 11 Member
    Yup, a learning experience. You got this!
  • GloriaBJN
    GloriaBJN Posts: 78 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    I would not have denied myself eating normal meals, accepting going over in calories for the day. I would skip any associated desserts and high-calorie choices (drink water over soda, limit to one dinner roll instead of three, swap out a high-calorie fried chicken for a low-calorie grilled chicken, etc). Learn from it, but unless you have a medical reason to absolutely positively NOT go over on calories, a single day isn't the end of the world, while skipping meals can have negative consequences to blood sugar levels, not getting sufficient protein or other essential nutrients on the day, driving a negative attitude towards food logging ("stupid log says I have to suffer now, I hate the log!"). Personally, I would rather intentionally break calories through a healthy meal rather than lose willpower and binge-break calories through chocolate chip cookies ("I'm over anyway, so the heck with it").

LOLOL. "stupid log says I have to suffer now, I hate the log!"
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    One day does not a lifestyle break! So what if you're over one day? Just get back on that lifestyle horse tomorrow and ride it for all it's worth! We all go over some days, but starving yourself will just turn you off on your journey. But good job on sticking to your log, even if I would have eaten, personally. AND logged it, of course! 😚😚
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Its not for everyone, but ive trained my body to eat one meal a day with no snacking throughout the day, only one big meal for dinner and a snack before bed.( i sleep like a baby ) I am not even hungry anymore until around 7-8pm.
  • brenn35
    brenn35 Posts: 33 Member
    I do this often then have to have a light dinner like hard boiled egg and cheese or soup or bacon on low fat carb bread or scrambled eggs on low carb flat bread, maybe tuna if it is hot weather.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2023
    My go-to hot dinner for early day indulgence is usually a small piece of broiled fish alongside mushrooms, green beans, garlic and onions stir fried in a little soy and/or chili sauce. That way, I feel as if I've had a proper hot dinner while adding less than 200 calories to my day. On weekends I like to indulge in a large brunchy meal (almost 1000 cals. this morning!) and so weekend dinners tend to be very light. It's good to have a few ideas for low calorie/high satisfaction meals at the ready. It's when I don't have a plan that trouble can strike.
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 132 Member
    That's okay. Nobody gets it right all the time. As long as you keep starting again, you'll never fail. One thing that is filling for me and low calorie is cabbage soup. An average serving is about 125 calories, and it can be a whole meal by itself. I eat that when I'm running out of calories. It can also be enjoyed hot or cold.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Some days I'm over and some days under. I look at the week and see where I am on average v my goal.
  • fyk27k7y4r
    fyk27k7y4r Posts: 2 Member
    Tomorrow's another day. Having a healthy snack to hold you over before bed isn't going to make you fat. Better to not starve yourself and create unhealthy ways of treating food, which isn't sustainable over time.