Foods You Wish They Would Bring Back?

Options
1383940414244»

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    I had to wait 3-4 years since the last time I saw them on store shelves, but I'm once again enjoying the S'Mores Oreos! But I'm sure after a few weeks they'll disappear again, and I'll be lamenting the desire for them to return...

I also wish I could find this one style of ice cream sandwich put out by Kroger, which included half chocolate, half vanilla with a graham cracker crust. Good times, good times...

Yup! Bought 2 packages of the Smoreos and they're already gone. I figured I'd do the "I have a cookie inventory and am going by expiration date" thing but I just haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to have one and now I have to buy more.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    My family can never agree on a hamburger (or tuna) helper flavor, but we all agreed on a chicken-helper flavor sold long ago which was spicy and included actual peanuts. A single meal my entire family could agree upon? Please bring it back!!

Twice I've had to go hunting for a new brand of sourdough bread after my then-preferred brand stopped making it.

But my current biggest gripe is Lowry's Spaghetti Sauce packets. The company hasn't officially said they'll never make it again (and they're still producing their Seasoned Salt), but it's been months, stores all over are sold out, and the only place I can find the packets are on places like Ebay or Amazon being sold by private sellers, who are trying to take advantage of "supply and demand" by charging completely outrageous prices, like $10 for a single packet which used to sell for $1.50. I've been experimenting with alternative brand seasoning packets, but nothing has come close, and the natives (read: my children) are growing restless asking when the "real" spaghetti will come back.
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dannon had a greek yogurt ranch dip that I loved.
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Pumpernickel sticks.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I used to like the submarine sandwich at Pizza Hut which they served in Australia in the 1980s.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I still have not found these and I want to try it! I faintly remember these.
  • rwarren1969
    rwarren1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Koogle peanut butter -- a flavored peanut butter from the 1970s(!)
    Apple Dapple ice cream (don't remember the brand)
    Blocks of margarine to bake with. When Imperial got discontinued, a friend and I bought 17 packages between us at $2 each, clearing out my grocery store and stuffing our freezers plus my senior friend's freezer. I've recently used the last one. These newfangled plant based thingies, they are not the same.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Koogle peanut butter -- a flavored peanut butter from the 1970s(!)
    Apple Dapple ice cream (don't remember the brand)
    Blocks of margarine to bake with. When Imperial got discontinued, a friend and I bought 17 packages between us at $2 each, clearing out my grocery store and stuffing our freezers plus my senior friend's freezer. I've recently used the last one. These newfangled plant based thingies, they are not the same.

When did that margarine become discontinued? Wasn't it decades ago? That's some staying power...om
  • rwarren1969
    rwarren1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    When did that [IMPERIAL] margarine become discontinued? Wasn't it decades ago? That's some staying power...om

Only last year. You can still buy Imperial soft marg in a tub, but that stuff is horrible for baking. I switched to butter, watching the specials like a hawk and stocking up when I have freezer space.

When the Imperial hard margarine was gone for good, it got replaced in the stores by Becel plant based blocks (salted and unsalted). I've been boycotting anything Becel for years because the company would not include Montreal in any of its Heart Month shopping mall promotions. But I gave in and tried a Becel unsalted block. Meh.

• jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for plant- based, you might try Country Crock's plant butter line. Uses palm oil (sustainably harvested), canola oil, and one other oil in each type (olive oil or avocado oil or avocado oil). I've tried all three types in stick form and they are really good, I like the taste better than butter and even better than Flora (a good plant butter from Germany originally sold in 8.8 oz blocks). The sticks freeze well. They are pricier than the older margarines but so much better tasting (and dairy-free, which I need). But check different stores to get the best price. Kroger just seriously upped its prices on this as for other things.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »
    If you're looking for plant- based, you might try Country Crock's plant butter line. Uses palm oil (sustainably harvested), canola oil, and one other oil in each type (olive oil or avocado oil or avocado oil). I've tried all three types in stick form and they are really good, I like the taste better than butter and even better than Flora (a good plant butter from Germany originally sold in 8.8 oz blocks). The sticks freeze well. They are pricier than the older margarines but so much better tasting (and dairy-free, which I need). But check different stores to get the best price. Kroger just seriously upped its prices on this as for other things.

I commented on the new products thread here not too long ago about this! It is the best tasting out of every single plant butter I've tried. Tastes like popcorn butter because it is SOOOO nice and salty....but so high in calories.
  • magicfoodfluff
    magicfoodfluff Posts: 228 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmobile.twitter.com%2Fpbcrispsfanatic&psig=AOvVaw1Zv9pab8o58apRLwAJNyHb&ust=1674832537856000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAwQjRxqFwoTCODAiMvD5fwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABADiqj6kzv3kpgg.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmobile.twitter.com%2Fpbcrispsfanatic&psig=AOvVaw1Zv9pab8o58apRLwAJNyHb&ust=1674832537856000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAwQjRxqFwoTCODAiMvD5fwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABADiqj6kzv3kpgg.jpeg

omg those looked amazing!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    4here was a squeeze bottle of a butter made only from corn. mqsogfxfupcv.jpg

Then a tempeh made from hemp seeds c0ge7g401zne.jpg

• magicfoodfluff
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2023
    Options
    qn4zuop6djso.png
    My FAVORITE vegan cheese was whole foods cheddar and gouda slices and shredded cheddar. THEY DISCONTINUED THEM A FEW WEEKS AGO!!! Only reason I went to WF because they were so cheap (3 dollars for a thing of the slices compared to 7 dollars for chao, follow your heart etc).

SAME WITH WALMART (my second fav for only 4 dollars) vegan cheddar slices. DISCONTINUED like 6 MONTHS AGO!

AND ALDI (taste exactly the same as walmart for same price)!! They only have the shreds now at my aldi for last 5 months.

Sick of having to pay 6-8 dollars for a thing of vegan cheese slices so I just cut them out of my diet. Wish they'd bring them back.

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Aldi's spot-on copycat of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies! Haven't dared try Aldi's mint fudge stripes Keebler knock-off. What'cha don't know...
    rdcjna0v0afp.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    4here was a squeeze bottle of a butter made only from corn. mqsogfxfupcv.jpg

Then a tempeh made from hemp seeds c0ge7g401zne.jpg

Wow, you unlocked a memory with that Smart Squeeze! I loved that stuff!
  • magicfoodfluff
    Options
    uis8cfbowsns.jpg