Storing food in ‘my list’

Options
Hi there. Is there any way I can say search for a food, that I’m not going to eat today but will another day, and store it in ‘ my foods’ for a later date please? I’d like to list lots of foods this way tgen I have them at my finger tips. Thanks in advance😄

Replies

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It might work to skip to a future diary day and log all those foods. I’m not sure if you delete them they will stick (I’m not sure if the list is built from the presence of the food in your diary or if it’s from the actual event where you logged it) but if you go far enough in the future, you can just delete those entries when you get there.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    mrsportion wrote: »
    Hi there. Is there any way I can say search for a food, that I’m not going to eat today but will another day, and store it in ‘ my foods’ for a later date please? I’d like to list lots of foods this way tgen I have them at my finger tips. Thanks in advance😄

If you already know what day you plan on eating them, you could go ahead and log them for that day and then just adjust the amount as needed. I usually prelog the night before, but sometimes have logged items several days in advance.

As you continue to log those items will show up in your "recent" food list. I find logging from my recent foods and recipes to be slightly faster on the mobile app, though I prefer initially searching for foods and building recipes on a web browser.
  • mrsportion
    mrsportion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to reply to you both individually but thank you for yr replies xx
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,931 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Yes. Just save them to my foods. When you actually eat them, search in My Foods.
    (Might want to try it out with 1 or 2 before you do a lot of work. Different devices may work differently.)
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    MFP is sometimes weird in the ways it remembers your foods. For example, it remembered my Halo mandarin and new brand of tortilla after only one entry, but I've had to key in bacon and mushrooms every single time despite numerous daily adds. Never mind that the Hershey's Kiss I entered back in December kept popping up on page one of my listings until I finally deleted it. 🤪