20LBS by Thanksgiving - HELP w group!

Options
Morning everyone!

Okay so how am I supposed to do this group? Just create a daily thread? I've never done this before!

Should we have a weigh in day? How is Thursday or Friday? That way, it will give us motivation for the weekend!

Diana

Replies

• kailisa2000
    kailisa2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was just coming here to post a similar challenge, except my goal is 22 by Christmas. I can adjust it for Thanksgiving though, maybe 16 pounds by then. I'm not sure about how to do it, but I'm definitely in on the challenge :)

On a side note, 20 pounds is an awful lot to lose in just 2 months for someone as small as you :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    ????????? never started one. If you don't get a response you could use the search button above or ask the question again later in the day. :flowerforyou:
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to start a group either... but I'm in!
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I suggest weigh ins on Monday so we are accountable for eating clean on the weekend, which is when most ppl do damage.

Just my two cents.
  • megcalvert
    megcalvert Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm definetly in! I am wanting to lost 14-16 pounds.
  • amandaraecook
    Options
    Me too, I'm in!! I am hoping to lose 35 by Christmas so this will be helpful!!!
  • millmelo
    Options
    I'm in! I have never started a group either. I really need motivation to lose some weight by then so it sounds great. :smile: Wish I could help more on how to start the group.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Basically, by making this post, you have started your group! You get to set up the rules and let others join in as they want and everyone just continues posting to the same thread. You can choose a day to start and pick weekly or every-other-week weigh in days. Usually people start a list like:

Starting Sept 26: 213 lbs
    Oct 3: 210 -3
    Oct 10:
    Oct 17:
    etc.

I would love to be in a challenge to get myself going again after a month-long illness, so I am in! I hope to find some new, encouraging friends too...seems some of my friends have started falling off. Let us know what the rules are and when we start!!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the thread thing either. I have been doing this for about two months now. It has helped me a lot. I would love to join your group. Even though I keep track and exercise I am still not really losing weight! I usually weigh in on Sun. or Mon.

Alyssa
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the thread thing either. I have been doing this for about two months now. It has helped me a lot. I would love to join your group. Even though I keep track and exercise I am still not really losing weight! I usually weigh in on Sun. or Mon.

Alyssa
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    yeah thursday or Friday is good. I usually weigh everyday to make sure i'm staying on track
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Friday is my official weigh in day already. I like it just before the weekend. :)

I weigh in at noon today so I will let you know what my start weight is. I can't wait to go to thanksgiving dinner and show all my relatives what how hard I've worked!! it's the people you never see who really notice the difference.

Let's see... I'm guessing I'll weigh about 170 today (I hope!) sooo here's my goal:

9/23-- 170
    9/30-- 168
    10/7-- 166
    10/14-- 164
    10/21-- 162
    10/28-- 160
    11/4-- 158 (ahh! I can't wait to see one-fifty-something on the scale!!)
    11/11-- 156
    11/18-- 154
    11/24, THANKSGIVING-- 152

That's 18 pounds in 9 weeks or 2 pounds per week. For those of you afraid to set ambitious goals, remember that even if your goal is 20 pounds in 9 weeks and you "only" lose 10, you've still lost 10 lbs!! How can that be a failure??

GET PUMPED!!

--Samantha
  • Sklug22
    Options
    Thursday or Friday sounds great to me!!
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    I'm in. Friday is my normal weigh in day. I got a jump start last week with a 2.8 lb loss. I hope this week is good even though I know it won't be that good. I'm hoping for at least 1 lb.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm OK with the Th/Fri weigh in too.
  • NicCa90
    NicCa90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    we have to keep posting so no body forgets about this group!!
    WEE CAAAN DOOO ITTT!!!
    :D
    I think im going to have my weigh in on Monday i agree the weekends are sometimes bad for me too!!!
    Monday is coming up!! Does it help to have a digital scale? When i used MFP before i weighed in on my wii fit every day and that was digital but I dont have it set up here since ive moved and i have a conventional scale....
  • fyrrlily
    Options
    I'm totally in! 20lbs by Thanksgiving sounds great! That'd be a total of 30 for me, and I need all the help I can get! Weigh in on Friday, as in this Friday?

ok, today's weight, 316.
    Goal by Thanksgiving, 296.
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help and advice everyone ! Okay, here are the 20LBS by Thanksgiving Rules that I have decided upon:

The goal of this group is to lose weight and get healthy by Thanksgiving. I am calling it 20LBS by Thanksgiving, which is my ultimate goal, but if you can't lose this or want to set your own goal, that is okay too! EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS! And even if you lost 2 lbs by then, it's better than gaining! :-)

Weigh in day is Thursday, since Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, November 24th and that is when we started this group! Everyone will keep track of their own weight and post their progress on each Thursday. Thursday, September 29th will be our FIRST WEIGH IN.

I will post a message thread every day or every other day to see how we are doing. I will try to include some articles or helpful advice, or even some healthy recipes!

If anyone wants to message or friend me at any time for any reason, please feel free to do so!

I will post these rules again later so everyone can see.

Good luck to you all! We can do this together! XXOO! ONE POUND AT A TIME!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    I usually weigh in on Wednesdays but I can update it for a Thursday Friday official weight ins. My weight on Wednesday was 201.6 and today it said 204.8...I was flabbergasted at that number, but I understand the nature of fluctuations so I'll see next Wednesday.