Cal intake

Options
I’m on 1200 cals per day, today after walking it went up to 1600 Cals how much of those Cals can I use? I have 300 left??
Thanks in advance (newbie)

Replies

• murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You can eat all 1600 cals.
    FWIW, a lot of people find that MFP overestimates calorie burns from exercise and thus choose to only "eat back" a portion of any extra calories they earn from exercise. For me personally, eating back about half my earned calories was about right and I lost weigh on the pace expected. So in your case above, I would have eaten 1400 of the 1600 calories MFP was allotting me for the day. It's sort of trial and error though, some people lost as expected eating back every single calorie, and others like me had to make adjustments.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends on how accurate the calories out is...if it's accurate you can eat all of them.

For walking, you burn (net) .30*body weight*distance...
  • jazzcas
    jazzcas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My body is in plateau how can I break it
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    jazzcas wrote: »
    My body is in plateau how can I break it

How are you defining "plateau?"

Usually, the answer is you've slipped into maintaining instead of weight loss. If that's the answer, you can begin losing again by:

A) more precise logging
    B) Eating less
    C) Moving more

Often doing A will lead to B.

If your "plateau" has only been a couple of weeks, then you should wait another couple to see what happens. Weight loss isn't linear. Lots of people have a pattern of stalling then sudden drops, because of normal and good water weight changes.