Good morning

Options
flower3326
flower3326 Posts: 35 Member
edited March 2023 in Getting Started
I weight myself first it said 223. I got back on again and then it read 228 which is accurate ?

Replies

• StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If these were back to back weighins, you may want to change the batteries in your scale.

If there was time between, and change in clothing, and you ate food and drank liquids: both are accurate for the conditions in which you stepped on the scale.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    If it's a digital scale, it matters if you've calibrated it.
  • linda9750
    linda9750 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told if it does that . weigh yourself 3 times and it should show you two that are similar and that's your correct weight.... Thats what I do 😆
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself and then head to your nearest department store. Often there are scales you can try out before buying. Weigh yourself on all the available scales there. Your "true" weight is likely to be the average of all those readings. You'll be able to see how much your own scale differs from the "true" weight. As for the variability, once in a while scales have a glitch. Just ignore massive weight changes.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Make sure the scale is on a hard flat surface like tile not carpet. Also put in fresh batteries.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my scale always weighs me at 2 lb lighter if i step off then immediately back on. ultimately it doesn’t matter — just either use the first weight it gives you each day or the second (if you prefer to get on twice)