returning

Options
rorlpn
rorlpn Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2023 in Introduce Yourself
I started in2021 lost 60 pounds in a year. in 2022 around June, I stop keeping track of everything. I was comfortable with my weight For about 8
months then got a rude awakening that I regain 20 pounds back and ac1is 6.0. I need to get back on track. I am retired, workout 4 day a week, I would like to lose 100 pounds. and keep it off.

Replies

• amanda3913
    amanda3913 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I have a long way to go. It’s inspiring that you lost 60 pounds. Makes me feel like I can do this. Good luck in reaching your goal.

How did you lose the first 60? Just counting calories and exercising? I need some tips. I am just getting started.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,442 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I'm also retired (age 67) and workout regularly.

So, in my mind a key question is what led to giving up and regaining? That can offer some insight about how to tweak your plans this time around, to make the process more successful long term. Personalization of tactics, and looking for relatively easy, sustainable tactics . . . I think that's really important. Each of us has different preferences, strengths, and challenges.

I used MFP to lose 50-some pounds back in 2015, which fortunately was all I needed to get from class 1 obese to a healthy weight, and I've been able to maintain in a healthy range for 7+ years since, so far.

Weight management is doable IMO, but patience and persistence is required . . . plus the thoughtful analysis and adjustment to find the sustainable new habits that can keep us at a healthy weight long term almost on autopilot when other parts of life get challenging . . . because they absolutely will.

Best wishes for success to you both!