Goal Weight!

Options
AmyS618
AmyS618 Posts: 37 Member
Hello all,

I'm posting pictures because I found before and afters to be an important part of staying motivated in losing weight. I hope to be helpful to someone else! I started running a little over a year ago, but really began focusing on it after I completed my first 5K at the end of April. At the same time (beginning of May), my cousin told me about MFP, and I joined. I could not have been successful without this site and the app holding me accountable. Over the next 4 months, I counted calories, ran, did JM 30 Day Shred 2 to 4 times a week, and did elliptical and strength training at the gym. I mixed these things up and did not follow a strict routine, but I did work out 5 to 6 times a week.

Before (5/08):

Before5081.jpg

During (6/11):

During6111.jpg

After (8/28/11):

After1.jpg

After2.jpg

It was not easy, but it was definitely worth it! I now know that I can control my fitness through exercise and eating right. I am not an innocent bystander to weight gain. I'm now trying to learn how to maintain, which is challenging but important!

*Edit*

I forgot stats:

I'm 5'10" tall. I started out at 183 lbs and am down to 150 lbs (give or take a couple of pounds while figuring out maintenance). My starting resting heart rate was between 80 and 85 bpm and is now down to around 60 bpm. When I started running in Sept of 09, I was thrilled to be able to run the first day of the Couch to 5K training app (about 1 min of running at a time for a total of about 10 minutes) At the beginning of May, it was a struggle to run my 5K at about a 12 min/mile pace. I'm now training for a 10K and can do about 5.5 miles at a 10.5 min/mile pace. I just ran 60 min straight last night!

Replies

• chuluotababe
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Do you know how much you lost - weight, inches, fat %?
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome. You look great.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Excellent...You have done an amazing job!
  • kassied09
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYY :D Way to go!
  • AmyS618
    Options
    I forgot stats:

I'm 5'10" tall. I started out at 183 lbs and am down to 150 lbs (give or take a couple of pounds while figuring out maintenance). My starting resting heart rate was between 80 and 85 bpm and is now down to around 60 bpm. When I started running in Sept of 09, I was thrilled to be able to run the first day of the Couch to 5K training app (about 1 min of running at a time for a total of about 10 minutes) At the beginning of May, it was a struggle to run my 5K at about a 12 min/mile pace. I'm now training for a 10K and can do about 5.5 miles at a 10.5 min/mile pace. I just ran 60 min straight last night!
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, look at that waist. Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job.
  • SlimmingSammie
    Options
    You have done amazingly well! You should be really proud of yourself! (:
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    FAntastic work, you look great! CONGRATS! You must be exstatic! Thanks for sharing your pictures.
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    U look Fantastic lady...congrats
  • mdfeller
    Options
    Looks like a completely different person! So amazing!!!! Way to go!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    your journey is EXTREMELY motivational/inspiring! thank you!!!
  • kate8085
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • JizWiz
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! I will use your story to motivate me!:flowerforyou:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! Great inspiration for others.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats !
  • AmyS618
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I will try to post the change in measurements soon.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look fantastic! Our numbers are pretty similar. I'd love to be 150 but I can't seem to break the 160s. Good luck maintaining, I can't wait until I'm at that point.
  • Laspink
    Options
    Amy you are a great role model for us all! Your hard work has really paid off and i hope you are enjoying every minute of it. You deserve the best and I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks for our little warrior challenge! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!