I NEED A STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE REPLACEMENT PLZ!

Options
Hello pals, one of the biggest things I miss from my old unhealthy lifestyle is STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKES! LOL I had them very often, but always had that "stuffed" feeling afterwards :( Does anyone have any delicious strawberry smoothie or drink recipes? Thanks in advance!! :D

Replies

• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I would maybe try some ice, strawberries, and yogurt to start. Simple is sometimes the best!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    1 cup Strawberries
    1 cup almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    1 TBS agave or honey
    optional 1 tsp vanilla (strawberries and cream)
    optional 1 cup spinach (you can't taste it, it makes it creamy plus its super healthy for you!)

Blend and enjoy!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm craving something sweet, I'll make a strawberry smoothie using frozen strawberries, skim milk, and a dash of vanilla. You could always put protein powder in there too (or maybe there's strawberry flavoured protein powder as an alternative to the strawberries).
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    hmm, maybe try a strawberry protein shake? you can blend it with ice and it'll be probably as close to a milkshake as you can get!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I work at an ice cream store and all they add to make a strawberry milkshake is strawberry ice cream, milk and a shot of strawberry syrup.

You could make some at home with strawberry yogurt, use lowfat milk and add some frozen strawberries in their own juices. You can even add some protien powder to give it an extra kick. The reason you were so full is because they are big. usually 16 oz or larger. So 8 onces of milk and a 6 oz yogurt with the fruit, should be about the same size and still as filling if you add the protien powder.

Best wises.
  • shannon121278
    Options
    My smoothie base, is 1/2 cup of yogurt (I use nonfat yogurt), 1/2 cup of milk (I use vanilla soymilk), and about 3/4 cup crushed ice. I put a banana in my smoothies just about everytime, but I'm sure you could do just simple strawberries and it would probably be really good!
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    4 strawberries
    1/2 frozen bananna sliced
    1 cup white grape juice
    1 tbl spoon NF/LF vanilla yogurt
    (1 scoop vanilla whey protein optional)
    Ice

Blend together to desired consistency

Note: watch your portions -- fruit smoothies are not low calorie
    Note: It is better to buy fresh fruit and freeze it yourself. Cheaper and tastes better.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can find Nestle Carnation Breakfast Essentials where you are but I have them here, they come in Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate. I have them for breakfast but there is also a shake option where you put the packet of powder in a blender with 1 cup milk of choice with 1 cup frozen fruit of choice and blend til smooth. I like doing the chocolate powder with frozen strawberries, it's kinda like frozen hot chocolate and tastes like chocolate dipped strawberries which are a favourite of mine. I use 1% milk but skim or almond should be fine. Hope this helps!!!
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1 container of Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt (Toasted Coconut Vanilla)- 80 cal
    1 cup of frozen strawberries- 77 cal
    1/2 cup skim milk- 43 cal
    A few ice cubes- 0 cal

Blend.

I hope that helps. :) That smoothie will be 200 calories and a good snack that may help you kick that milkshake fix.
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    I do a raspberry protein shake that is awesome, would work with strawberries...
    Kaizen vanilla protein powder or whey gourmet cookies & cream
    1/3 cup raspberries or strawberries
    half a cup cold water
    you can use frozen berries to make it more icy, is great that way. Most people that don't like protein shakes actually like this one, just tastes like a smoothie:)
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    hmm, maybe try a strawberry protein shake? you can blend it with ice and it'll be probably as close to a milkshake as you can get!

exactly what i was gonna say. check out...

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3267263&cp=3593187

or

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3839125&cp=3593187
  • Silchi24
    Options
    Ok, maybe this could help, but if you are not oppose to trying some Chocolate or Vanilla shakes then I suggest for you to check out HMR 800.

The HMR 800 weight-loss shakes are rich, creamy, and packed with vitamins and minerals. Best of all, HMR diet shakes work! You get taste, nutrition and great weight-loss resultsall in one. That is why HMRs low-calorie, low-fat shakes have been recommended by physicians for over 25 years. And I mix some blackberries and a tablespoon of low fat peanut butter to my chocolate one and its super delisious!

Here is the website: http://www.hmrprogram.com/index.cfm/HMRFoods/HMRShakes/HMR_800_Shake

Good luck!
    ~Silvia
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Check out Visalus! Its a soy protein shake that you can add fresh berries and nonfat milk too and it tastes just like your lovin strawberry milkshake!!:happy:
  • starrnj
    starrnj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    for extra protein you could always use greek yogurt
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    4-5 frozen strawberries
    2 packets of splenda (or other equivalent of your choice)
    3/4 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup fat free yogurt

blend and enjoy - better than any strawberry smoothie I've had anywhere else. add a little more apple juice if its too thick for you
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Myoplex Light Strawberry protein powder is very good
  • kcwonder
    kcwonder Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Alrighty...this might work.

Greek Yogurt Plain (Dannon Oikos is good).
    Skim Milk
    Ice
    Strawberries

Depending on your diet restrictions, you can add banana too.
  • EASBrand
    Options
    bbwbeauty, you might was to try out Myoplex Lite Shakes in Strawberry Cream flavor - check them out here: http://eas.com/product/myoplex-lite-ready-to-drink. ~Jon @EAS