why does my weight loss get stuck?

I have lost about 2 pound in the first week after taking only net 1200 calories. The second week, I changed 1200 to 1500. I found that it becomes harder to lose more weight...

any idea? please help.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jennadaniele
    jennadaniele Posts: 40 Member
    Well, you just started. So it's going to take time to loose more weight. Realistically, in 3 more weeks, you should see more of a difference. Even at 1500 calories a day you should see some difference, it won't be as quick as if you're only eating 1200, but 1500 is a good average number to keep if you want to eat differently from now on. 2 lbs in a week is a good start! Your body's responding to your changes :)
  • Make sure you do measurements as well (waist, hips, chest) because sometimes your differences will come from there and not the scale. Also make sure you're getting the appropriate amount of calories for your body!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Without a food diary and exercise diary it's hard to say why not.

Numbers alone mean nothing.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I have lost about 2 pound in the first week after taking only net 1200 calories. The second week, I changed 1200 to 1500. I found that it becomes harder to lose more weight...

any idea? please help.

Thanks in advance.

I would say your weekly weight loss goal is way to aggressive given your stats. For starters as a man the minimum you should get is 1500 Net (1500 plus eat back the cals you burn). That being said, since you only have 11 lbs to lose your goal should be more like 0.5 lbs/week. If your deficit is too large and you don't have much to lose you risk losing a large % of lean muscle, instead of the fat you are intending to use.

I would change your goal asap to 0.5lbs/week and make sure you are eating at least most of the cals you burn from exercise.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Well of course it's more difficult to lose weight on 1500 calories than 1200 calories (yes, I know, some people on here swear that only lose weight if they eat more, etc.). Basically, you're creating less of a deficit. The smaller the calorie deficit, the less quickly you will lose weight (which can be a good thing).
  • many factors might explain why: 1. you got more net calories; 2. maybe you're exercising and your fat/muscle ratio is changing; 3. you're over stating exercises and understating calories eaten, etc etc.. but it's also too soon to call out... keep it a minimum of 4 weeks and check... best!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    It takes time. You can't expect to lose it all right away, you're going to hit plateaus - lots of them. Patience is key. It took time to gain, it'll take time to lose.