JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Another long day that didn't quite go as planned, but I managed to stay on track with food. Finishing up my laundry tonight in preparation for a quick trip down to see my younger grandkids :)

Recap Friday 3/10
    Log - :)
    Healthy choices - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - :) Half hour walk
    Drop car off for maintenance - :)
    Quick fridge cleanout - No
    Laundry - :)

JFT Saturday 3/11
    Log
    Healthy choices
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Enjoy time with family

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea. JFT.
    2. YMCA. Anon Tweetchats.
    3. Groceries? Can C be in charge?
    4. Organize office.
    5. Bike ride/park walk.
    6. Shoot SJ video and/or ch 1.
    7. Laundry.
    8. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA & tweetchats on anon; library volunteering. Park walk? Used bookstore? Sun RC, podcast. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset. Concerns about sleeping in room.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Mar 23 4p. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a. ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Biometric April X 9AM.

12. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Please, dear lord, keep going! :D
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    So I had a day off yesterday, it was just a super busy day.

Kids to school, watch their assembly, get home and tried to do a quick tidy up of the lounge but had to stop to start getting ready for a funeral. So I ironed mine and ash's stuff whilst he got a shower. Just about finished doing my hair and make up and the taxi was here! Went to the funeral and wake, where we had a few drinks, bit of a buffet and celebrated her life! It was all really lovely and me and ash left around 4pm feeling a little tipsy!

My friend had picked up the kids from school and treated them to mcdonalds!
    So I went McDonalds to pick them up but she ended up walking them back home with me. We chatted outside my house for 10-15 mins then my brother and Amy showed up to start fitting part of my kitchen.
    So it was really nice to see them too. It took about another 2 hoursish for half the kitchen to get fitted because we kept stopping and chatting lol
    They left, we had pizza and then just died in bed from it all!

This morning I've woken up groggy, wouldn't say I've got a full on hangover just absolutely worn out. But no headache or sickness or anything.
    So I'm just gonna fix the grogginess and try to achieve something today

I want to get my lounge and kitchen tidied tbh so I reckon I'll just concentrate on that today

So no stepper, no logging,
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Stay under 1800 cal.βœ…
    Do not eat after eightπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
    Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water.βœ…
    Log all food.βœ…
    Complete recertification packetβœ…
    No beerβœ…
    30 minutes on treadmill, or if legs tired, easy piece on trainer for 45 minutes or more.βœ…
    Limit social media after workπŸ’©

Yesterday went well. Snack monster came to visit after I worked out bur was able to keep him at bay with low calorie popcorn.
    Think I need to increase my protein. Going shopping today with Sara and Teigan so I suspect I’ll have plenty of time to research it in my phone. I’m good for about 2 or 3 stores but dang it seems malls have very little to offer men. Half the time you just see us scattered around looking at our phones with a bunch of our wife’s and daughters purchases around us. Honestly I’d rather be at work. Sorry just hate shopping… well hate shopping with my wife and daughter πŸ˜‚ still not sure why we can’t just do it all on Amazon…
    Ok done with that now… moving on.

Goals for today
    Trainer ride
    8-12 glasses of water
    No beer
    Stay under 2000 calories
    No food after 8
    Pretend I enjoy myself shopping today and stay on good behavior
    Laundry when we get home

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday 10th

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes!
    Back exercises no
    Walk dog yes

(I've already walked the dog for an hour, she found a mud hole so is now confined to porch and garden)

Yesterday ended up being good. I haven't posted goals for today but will make good choices and not snack (well, maybe one). This morning I've been working outside as the weather is nice. My plan this year is little and often, I will get the garden looking good!

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

JFT:
    β˜‘οΈDrink a minimum of 72oz. of water
    β˜‘οΈMinimum of 8500 steps on Fitbit
    β˜‘οΈStay under 1800 calories
    β˜‘οΈNo coffee until after 8am
    β˜‘οΈNo food except between 10am to 8pm
    β˜‘οΈMake big chopped salad with dinner
    β˜‘οΈOrder the kids meal at friend's birthday lunch (Panda Express)

I hit all of yesterday goals.

JFT:
    Drink at least 72oz water
    Stay under 1800 calories
    Get to friends home in time for party at noon
    No coffee until 8am
    No food until 10am
    Prep for concert entry line (Winter Jam)
    Do not blow calories at friends gathering or at the arena!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/11/2023 (tomorrow)βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts today, but nothing else unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar-added (last 3/5)
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/6)
    4) Can weigh everyday until Monday doctor appt.
    5) 1.0 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/10)
    11) No tamales today (last 3/9)
    12) < 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/9)
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    14) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Be kind to myself πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Recap 3/10 F
    1) PT exercises :smiley: / shovel snow ~ 30 min. of lifting/carrying very heavy snow ~ ugh! :smiley: It was even clogging snowblower which became overheated for hubby doing driveway
    2) Move hourly / min. 7,500 steps :smiley: 7.8K 11 floors 11/14
    3) Meatloaf & baked squash for supper / proper snacking / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :smiley: net cals -89, sodium green yay, fiber carbs calcium excellent, protein good, 72 oz water
    4) Wash dishes / refill bird feeders / clear some papers / digital decluttering / shop OTC acct (deadline 3/31) / pay Medicare premium bill (due 3/25) / renew zoo membership (due (3/31) / research value of Honda Civic to sell no more computer time :p / another ta-da? extra paper clear out TA-DA! :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / pray / set alarm (leave for tax prep meeting before 10am) :) 3x

JFT 3/11 Sat.
    1) Move hourly / walk dog
    2) Log fast food lunch guess / not sure of supper / net calories zero / 72 oz. water
    3) Tax prep meeting 10:30 (done & good advice for 1st full yr in retirement) / Breadsmith (done) / prep offering envelope for Sun. church / shop OTC acct (deadline 3/31) / pay Medicare premium bill (due 3/25) / renew zoo membership (due (3/31) / research value of Honda Civic to sell / move clocks ahead / another ta-da?
    4) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm for 9:00 church

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 38

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Trying to get on here at nite.. because during the day, I just don't take the time.
    I've been quilting all day.. making childrens quilts that will go to little kids, and using up some of my cute kid fabric.
    But I ran to the store.. and HA.. ended up with orange candy slices and easter peeps in my cart. Mindless shopping again.. telling myself they are for my daughter. I know better.
    I've been so bad with logging my food, but tonite, I took the time to write down what I ate. Write down everything! My calories were over 2300... and you know, when it says what your weight will be in 5 weeks.. .guess what. My weight stays the same. So when I wonder why I am not losing weight .. just maintaining.. its for this reason. I am eating enough calories to maintain my weight of 205 pounds.
    I know logging is important ... so I need to get on here at nite instead of during the day when so many other things occupy my day... and get with it!
    JFT, Sunday
    1. log my food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. shoot for calories of 1500.. not too low that I overeat, but I think at my height, 1500 might help me lose? I know as we get older metabolism slows down.. but if 2300 means I maintain, hoping 1500 would mean I might lose? I am 72 .. maybe put that lower?
    4. go to gym or workout at home. No excuses .. we have a home gym now.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    πŸ«ΆπŸŒ±πŸ’ŽπŸŒΏπŸͺžπŸ«ΆπŸͺžπŸŒΏπŸ’ŽπŸŒ±πŸ«Ά
    πŸ«ΆπŸŒ±πŸ’Ž March 2023 πŸ’ŽπŸŒ±πŸ«Ά
    πŸ«ΆπŸŒ±πŸ’ŽπŸŒΏπŸͺžπŸ«ΆπŸͺžπŸŒΏπŸ’ŽπŸŒ±πŸ«Ά

Hang in there!
    You are stronger than you think!

March focus:
    πŸ“Focus: Positive thinking
    Gratitude meditation:
    πŸ“Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    πŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž
    Current Solid Habits
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

🫢 Terri
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Trainer rideβœ…βœ… did two πŸ‘
    8-12 glasses of waterβœ…
    No beerβœ…
    Stay under 2000 caloriesπŸ’©πŸ’©
    No food after 8βœ…
    Pretend I enjoy myself shopping today and stay on good behaviorβœ…
    Laundry when we get hoπŸ’©

Once again, a day of wins and losses. We spent the day shopping and the girls wanted to try this burger place. It was really good, however by the time lunch is over I only had 200 cal left if I hoped to stay under 2000. -some wins from the experience: got the regular burger and not the double, ate slow, didn’t eat Sara and Teigan’s leftovers.
    Because I knew I was going to be way over 2000 calories . Decided to do a second workout when I got home. I was worried about it, I was really surprised about how strong I felt. Was a good workout. Still ended up going over calorie deficit goal, and actually had a positive balance, even with the exercise, but some positives:i didn’t go into the β€œwell screw it mode” and continue to eat the kitchen and I didn’t snack after 8 so I’ll take the little victories.

Todays goals
    Work out
    Stay under 2000 calories
    No beer
    Grocery shop
    Laundry
    Log all food
    10-12 glasses of water
    Start getting tax papers together
    Pay bills
    No food after 8
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    Stay under 1800 calories
    Get to friends home in time for party at noon
    No coffee until 8am
    No food until 10am
    Prep for concert entry line (Winter Jam)
    Do not blow calories at friends gathering or at the arena!

I hit all the goals yesterday. I'm not going to lie, I really thought I'd mess up my calorie limits at the party and concert.

JFT:
    Stay under 1800 calories
    No coffee until 8am
    No food until 9am
    Get to church early (running the welcome the desk)
    Stick to calories at restaurant lunch out with friends
    Find things to eat for daughter's friend spending the night. (There is a list of allergies so need to plan well)
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JFT 3.12.2023
    I will be happy
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join in too? I like the "one day at a time" approach to this thread, I'm trying to battle my "all or nothing" mindset (getting right back on track after a slip is hands-down my biggest obstacle to weight loss.) I'm Jenny, 58, happily married with 2 kids in their 20's, and have recently dealt with my next biggest obstacle - no more alcohol at home. I found a couple of non-alcoholic wines I actually like (Fre brand cabernet and rose) and shockingly they have actually been successful in scratching that itch! Overall goal is to lose 40 pounds, but first mini-goal is to get out of this "century" on the scale brought on by the pandemic...(ok, brought on by me throwing any self-discipline out the window during the pandemic.) I use "targeted journaling" to help uncover thoughts that might be holding me back...(just asking myself a specific question and seeing what thoughts pop up, then feeling through whatever feelings they bring up) though I'd like to make that into more of a routine. I find trying new recipes (especially ones that can be frozen for meal prep) very motivational! Yesterday I made a slow-cooker Indian Chicken Curry Stew that was yummy. Anyway my goals for today are:
    1. log calories
    2. get a moderate workout in the pool
    3. take a walk by the water with DH, enjoy the sunshine
    4. no alcohol
    5. journal

I also have to clean the bathroom, but that will be the only big chore (unless DH has something up his sleeve he needs my help with.) Biggest goal is to relax today, enjoy the sun and make sure I feel like I enjoyed my day off so I'm not pouting and depressed that tomorrow is the start of another work week.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • more_freggies76
    Options

@jennysweet58 - Welcome! Just jump in. There are different ways of reporting and using this thread. I don't have time today, but I'll try to write some of my own history and what I've learned later. Have a great day! But for sure, success comes from stringing days, even just hours together and many, many small goals and changes make a big difference. A big part of my program is "giving up guilt".
    JFT for 3/11/2023 (yesterday)βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts today, but nothing else unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar-added (last 3/5)βœ”οΈ
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.βœ”οΈ
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/6)βœ”οΈ
    4) Can weigh everyday until Monday doctor appt.βœ”οΈ
    5) 1.0 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/9). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.βœ”οΈ
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)βœ”οΈ
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.βœ”οΈ
    8) No beef jerky today.βœ”οΈ
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)βœ”οΈ
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/10)βœ”οΈ
    11) No tamales today (last 3/9)βœ”οΈ
    12) < 2 oz of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/9)βœ”οΈ
    13) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.βœ”οΈ
    14) Can eat dinner early with FIL. Can eat what I want at the restaurant.βœ”οΈ

JFT for 3/12/2023 (today)βœ”οΈ
    1) Can have dessert today (last 3/5)
    2) None of DH's stash today. None of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/6)
    4) Can weigh everyday until Monday doctor appt.
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/10)
    11) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/9)
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    13) Can eat brunch with friends today. Can eat what I want today.
    14) Can have coffee stuff early today due to early drive.

================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until brunch with my friends.
  • dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a quiet Sunday
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jennysweet58 to JFT! Always fun to have more people post. :smile:

Recap 3/11 Sat.
    1) Move hourly / walk dog :smiley: 14.2K 42 floors 11/14 / 4.33 mi with dog = happy dog & happy me
    2) Log fast food lunch guess / not sure of supper ~ leftover soup / net calories zero / 72 oz. water :s Wow, fast food really puts a dent in net cals! Good thing we don't eat it often, but we were on our way home from tax prep meeting in nearby town, hubby hadn't eaten & it was almost noon, so we stopped at a favorite joint. Logged my best guess. Net cals -429, sodium green (really?), fiber & carbs good, protein low-ish (for activity level), calcium low, 72 oz. water
    3) Tax prep meeting 10:30 (good w/d advice for 1st full yr in retirement, need to contact advisor once tax returns & planning are done) / Breadsmith / prep offering envelope for Sun. church / shop OTC acct (deadline 3/31) / pay Medicare premium bill (due 3/25) / renew zoo membership (due (3/31) / research value of Honda Civic to sell / move clocks ahead / another ta-da? :mrgreen: all things on my list done TA-DA! happy me
    4) Floss / retainers / pray / alarm for 9:00 church :( just plopped into bed

JFT 3/12 Sunday
    1) Church 9:00 Woke w/ headache & that, along with snow still falling plus clocks springing ahead, I decided to skip church. Hubby & I did daily devotions instead. :)
    2) Move hourly / shovel snow (done once, maybe evening before bed?)
    3) Leftover meatloaf & squash for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Call Mom about possible visit this week / wash dishes / water houseplants / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

Weird winter we've been having. We didn't get tons of snow Dec. - Jan. like usual, and what fell kept melting. Since mid-Feb. we've had storm after storm. Local weatherman said we've gotten more snow from 2/16 - 3/10 than any year since 1900! Today we're in the middle of another winter weather advisory. Snow started falling 10 p.m. last night and hasn't stopped. At least not real heavy snowfall. According to forecast, it won't end until mid-morning tomorrow. Winds very light & falling snow looks beautiful, like in a snow globe. So far hubby & I cleaned about 4" off driveway, walkway & patio. Several neighbors did theirs as well this morning. We probably will shovel / snowblow again before bedtime, and hopefully one final time when snow stops tomorrow. Snowplow hasn't been in our neighborhood yet, but I know we'll get one eventually. Not planning to go anywhere today anyway LOL.

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 38

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship