An American in London

Hello! I'm new to the forums. I've been counting calories since August 1st and have managed to shed 15 pounds. I'm originally from the Minneapolis area but I moved to London, England a few months ago. I want to see my collar bones again!!

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    can I ask why you moved to London? I have always wanted to more to another country but don't really know how... what did you do for a job? how did you get a work visa?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Are you a Werewolf?
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Are you a Werewolf?

=S
  • Awesome! I lived in London for 3 years and it really helped me keep the pounds off by walking a lot! Plus there are a lot of options for finding various foods because it's such a big city! 15 pounds since August 1st is also just awesome!! Well done!!
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    I moved to London because I am insane. I literally just picked up and moved one day. Any american can stay in the UK for 6 months on a tourist visa, but you're not allowed to work. If you're a student, you can stay as long as it takes to get your degree plus 28 days and you can work 20 hours per week.

I wish I were I were a Werewolf, lol why do you ask?

Yeah just the way of life is different over here, i walk EVERY WHERE!!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Are you a Werewolf?

Beat me to it.

Glad to know someone else thinks they're just as funny as me.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    can I ask why you moved to London? I have always wanted to more to another country but don't really know how... what did you do for a job? how did you get a work visa?

Tip:
    If you do visit and want to frequent great British establishments like KFC, McDonalds and Starbucks - brush up on your Polish so that you can communicate properly with the staff.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    I moved to London because I am insane. I literally just picked up and moved one day. Any american can stay in the UK for 6 months on a tourist visa, but you're not allowed to work. If you're a student, you can stay as long as it takes to get your degree plus 28 days and you can work 20 hours per week.

I wish I were I were a Werewolf, lol why do you ask?

Yeah just the way of life is different over here, i walk EVERY WHERE!!!

I bet you're polite and smile at people on the underground too Maggie. That's just weird. :smile:
  • Maggieq87
    I totally do!! Everyon here tells me "We don't talk to strangers" but i do all the time anyway and everyone is more than happy to chat...I think you're all lying, lol!!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Are you a Werewolf?

This too was my first thought.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    It's nice to meet you. And can I add that I am jealous? London is my most favorite city in the whole world. Just three more years until I can move there :)
  • Maggieq87
    Why do you all think I'm a werewolf?? LMAO. The only thing I can think of is the Shiver book series??

Why do you have to wait 3 years to move here?
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    There's a movie called "An American Werewolf in London". It's practially awesome. Kind of culty like "Princess Bride" ;)

I have to wait three years because I have to finish my teaching fellowship first. Then I can finally move to the land of my dreams.