JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch and @mytime6630 and anyone else with kids struggling with mental health issues - I can relate, and you're right it is so terrible to see your baby struggling and not be able to "fix" it. Hopefully their therapists/psychiatrists are helping... both my girls went through some extreme situations (intrusive thoughts, self-harm, suicidal ideations) and THANKFULLY it is something that peaked in adolescence and has receded as they are in their 20's. Not entirely gone - I mean I feel like when you struggle with anxiety & depression it's a genetic thing, and you basically need to find a way to manage it either with lifestyle and/or medication...I call exercise my "meds" and even a short session is enough to calm my brain and set me up to make healthy decisions for myself the rest of the day. Hopefully your kids find their way as well.

@beachwalker99 that's terrible about your mom's fall. Sadly I can relate to that as well. Hopefully you and your sisters are able to work together to manage her care. I have a rogue sociopathic half-sister who made managing my mother's care impossible (since she was only interested in stealing what was left of my mom's savings), and since my mom had dementia we had to go to court and have a guardian appointed. Fun times!

@teigansdad your new program sounds great - anything that results in stronger & healthier is working I'd say! I think the regular pool exercise DH and I have been doing the last year has also resulted in stronger & healthier - I'm much more mobile, walking isn't so much of an issue (a torn meniscus took FOREVER to recover from after surgery - it was about a year before I could walk a mile without pain.) So feeling STRONG is really motivating! I also recently stopped drinking alcohol at home (found a non-alcoholic wine called Fre that scratches the itch) and now FINALLY feel like I am in a good place to actually lose the damn pandemic weight (which piled on top of already being 20 pounds overweight before that...) I am trying not to weigh very often because the scale messes with my head. I'm measuring and take a picture the first of every month and when I can SEE the difference it is so motivating!! I think because I am slowly building muscle - which is heavier than fat - the scale isn't reflecting my progress as well as a measuring tape and pictures. And if my goal is healthy for the long-term...like I hope to have grandkids one day and be able to play with them...I need to not be obsessed with the number on the scale and just focus on slow progress that can be a LIFESTYLE not the merry-go-round of weight loss/gain I've been riding for the past 20 years or so...

Anyway, met my goals for yesterday, and JFT 3/15:
    1. log food and stay under 1400 cal
    2. strength workout & stretch
    3. 100 oz water
    4. journal
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny where is your food blog? I find new recipes/meal prep very motivating, I'd love to check it out!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    @pamperedlinny where is your food blog? I find new recipes/meal prep very motivating, I'd love to check it out!

@jennysweet58 My blog is at www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com and I put a new recipe up every 2 weeks or so. I also have other social media I post on almost daily at www.Facebook.com/HealthyEatingWithLinda
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JFT 3.15.2023 wednesday

for today i would like to get rid of my headache.

before dinner i have a total of 6g sat fat in all my eating. i think that is not bad. that includes breakfast, lunch, and all my snacks.......until i get home.

does anyone have any advice for not scavenging when you get home from work even if you're not really hungry?

i hope to journal and meditate.

it is windy out, but i might for a walk at lunch. i will need to get out of the office.

i see bloggers on here
    i was thinking about starting a blog. not food related, but mindset and positivity related. any tips on creating the blog? i have never done it before.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    No goals for me today. My plans for healthy eating have already gone out the window due to things beyond my control. Work plans have been thrown off-kilter too, also because of things beyond my control.

Not having any control causes my anxiety to shoot through the roof, so today’s going to be one hell of a challenge.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

I also checked in on my recipe blog and had 19 people read the latest post! It doesn't sound like much but I only have about 10 subscribers and it's mostly family. So that felt kind of huge.
    My kid came home from book fair with zero books but spent all the money. Does anyone else get upset about that? Just me? I feel like, we don't need more pens, fidgets, stickers or posters. Why can't you just buy books at the book fair??? Sorry, personal rant over.

I had to LOL at this. I always sent a note with my youngest that said she could only spend $2 on non-books, or she would stock up on gadgets. Drove me crazy!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch Glad I'm not alone. I told her next time she needs to bring home at least one book or I'm not sending money anymore for the book fair.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:00 :( nope had to get kiddo to school
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Prepare preliminary investigation :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Work until 4:30 :smiley:
    - Pick up V :smiley:
    - Grocery :smiley:
    - Cook/Prep Dinner :neutral: leftovers
    - Bible Study :neutral: canceled
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Did ok with goals yesterday, but only because I didn't set a goal to log or eat well. Today I will do better.

In the process of get Calc dropped for V we discovered she was getting poor grades in 2 other classes due to missing assignments. We didn't even realize she was struggling because we were so focused on S. Anyway, I sent an email to her teachers asking that they accept late work and they agreed. If V can't drop calc and raise these grades, she will lose thousands in scholarship money next year. If that happens, she will not be able to go the school she wants to go to. Luckily, I think this will work out. Felt like I had totally dropped the ball with V during this whole event. I guess all of my emotional and parental bandwidth was taken with S. Things are starting to level off.

Trivia night tonight, but I will limit the alcohol and eat a salad with dressing on the side... The bar makes a good steak salad, that fits into my goals fairly well. The snag is always the beer. It's so easy to drink more than planned, especially if I'm not driving. Maybe I'll just plan to drive tonight.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 7:00 :(
    - Email teachers :smiley:
    - Compile metrics :smiley:
    - Update spreadsheet
    - Log food
    - stay green
    - trivia
    - limit 2 beers
    - bed by 11:00

• dvmmcw8273
    dvmmcw8273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Move a little more
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today:
    • 64 oz water
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • WFPB meals today
    • Grocery shopping
    • Food prep
    • Close activity rings
    • Self-Care 30 minutes

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap ~ late to post but for my accountability T 3/14
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 14.4K 25 floors 10/14
    2) Walked dog 4.23 mi :sunglasses: in & around nearly every parking lot and sidewalk (snow-free) at nearby tech school ~ happy dog & happy me
    3) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water :smiley: net cals green 116, sodium -84 yay, fiber & carbs excellent, calcium & protein ok, water low 56 oz.
    4) Wash dishes / laundry done but bring upstairs & put away ~ some / schedule eye exam / download speaker's slides for W webinar / clear some papers / digital declutter / meal plan & grocery list for W / another ta-da? not a bad day :smiley: TA-DA!
    5) Floss / retainers / pray :smiley: 3x

JFT W 3/15
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog
    3) Good choices at soup supper & limit desserts / net calories zero / 72+ oz. water
    4) Webinar 10-12 (in progress) / put away clean dishes (done) / bring clean laundry upstairs & put away / clear some papers / digital declutter / reply to PZ email / meal plan & grocery list for R
    5) 6:00 soup supper / 7:00 Lent service
    6) Floss / retainers / pray

Have noticed with my daily w-i, I'm maintaining my weight, which is better than gaining. But that's not my goal, losing weight is. So I need to make some adjustments to my daily calories in. I've read that reducing daily calories by 100 can add up. That really shouldn't be so hard, then I just need to alter my choices. I will focus on doing that.

100 days from now reminder: What I do today gets me where I want to be. [Feb. 1 - May 11] Day 43 ~ maintaining weight instead of losing is not my goal LOL

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2023 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be satisfied if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ 1.31.23 ack! 2.28.23 not better but not worse
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes now that I have the time
      January: parsnip/potato mash; St. Louis gooey butter cake (Mom's bday) = :smiley::smiley:
      February: creamy bacon corn chowder (slow cooker); banana bread (using applesauce & oil); braised lamb shanks with lentils (slow cooker); apple cake (with buttermilk) = :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x)
    January 1x6 days, 1x5 days, 2x4 days = :smiley:
    February 1x6 days, 2x5 days, 1x4 days = :smiley:
    March 1x6 days, 1x5 days
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Continue PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,023km challenge started on Jan. 1
    January 48.14 miles
    February 55.79 miles YTD 103.93 miles
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km. Not the full challenge, but with knee issues early in year, I was happy to get this far.
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps = :smiley::smiley:
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.4.23 ~ skipped 2023 due to frigid temps with wind chill around 0F... didn't want a repeat of overuse injury from last winter. In 2022, I had to cancel race due to inflammation in knees from overuse & arthritis (medico advised) from walking in another frigid 5K.
    • Registered for Bellin 10K on 6.10.23 ~ 2022 first time in person since 2019; 2023 added 5K event.
    • register for Packers 5K ~ date TBD
    • register for Bellin Women's 5K ~ date TBD (1,000+ for all races in 2022)
    • watch for other events to possibly add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Excellent goal previous years, to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in mid to late 80s and live 90 miles away
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others in town, now that I'm retired
      1.12.23 lunch w/ CH
      2.11.23 ART Nite w/ PZ (supper, gallery, bar w/ live music)
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Made great progress on first floor of house in 2022, keep going
    Word for 2022-23: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/14/2023 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today.✔️
    2) From DH's stash today ok for dessert. But none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/6)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday.✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) Chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/1)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 3/10)✔️
    11) None of the gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/13)✔️
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    JFT for 3/15/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 3/14)
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/14)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday.
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/14)
    11) Up to 2.0 oz of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/13)
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    13) Can eat some of my lunch early, because don't know what will do with friend.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/15/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 3/14)✔️
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/14)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday.✔️
    5) Up to 1.5-2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/13). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/14)✔️
    11) Up to 2.0 oz of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/13)✔️
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.✔️
    13) Can eat some of my lunch early, because don't know what will do with friend.✔️
    JFT for 3/16/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 3/14)
    2) Nothing from DH's stash today; none of his pepitas.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/14)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday.
    5) No oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok) (last 2/24)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts or pepitas.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday) (last 3/14)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin today.(last 3/14)
    11) None of gift nuts (&fruits) my friend gave us today. (last 3/14)
    12) No more of the toffee nuts from the gift nuts - leave for DH.
    13) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    🫶🌱💎🌿🪞🫶🪞🌿💎🌱🫶
    🫶🌱💎 March 2023 💎🌱🫶
    🫶🌱💎🌿🪞🫶🪞🌿💎🌱🫶

Hang in there!
    You are stronger than you think!

March focus:
    📍Focus: Positive thinking
    Gratitude meditation:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits
    Gratitude meditation
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
    💎
    Current Solid Habits
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👌🏻

🫶 Terri
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday 15th March

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green not quite, I wasted about 400 calories on unnecessary snacks
    Back exercises yes
    Housework yes
    Walk dog if ice melts yes, an hour at lunchtime

JFT Thursday 16th

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Only one small snack
    Back exercises
    Housework/paperwork
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    1800 cAlories✅
    No food after 8💩
    Staff meeting✅
    No beer✅
    10-12 glasses of water✅
    Log all food✅
    Eat slow and sip water between bites✅

Good day yesterday. Still haven’t mastered idle eating from true hunger. That initial down time… when I’m switching gears… finished my things to do.. sitting down with the family to watch a evening TV show. That’s when it always hits me. To be honest I’m not sure I’m really hungry. Once I start snacking I keep wanting to eat… but again not sure I’m actually hungry. Just kinda filling a void i think maybe.. IDK. Think I may start journaling that time some.

Plan for today
    500-750 calories in green w/ exercise
    Ftp test this AM
    Teigan to appointment and school
    Pick up more River stones for around the patio
    Second trainer ride
    Clean out closet get ride of stuff I don’t wear
    Get Teigan’s contacts
    My appointment
    Trail ride
    Cat litter
    Sweep floors
    Ride w Justin
    No more than 2 beers
    Log all food
    No food after 8
    10-14 glasses of water (more today because of heavy workout plan)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @jennysweet58 - when I was consistently losing I had an excel sheet where I tracked my weight everyday. The scale numbers were getting to me me too. When I started doing this I noticed that over a week or a month I was losing. It was when I only weighed randomly or even weekly I would get disappointed because the number might have been up at that moment for whatever reason.
    I did measurements on the first of ever month, like you, those numbers were easier to see.
    I med to get back to all of that.

@teigansdad - I am with you on the snacking, I know my problem is I’m bored and lonely. I need to come up with another solution to fill my evenings. Soon DH’s schedule will change again. Hopefully that helps.

I have a massage booked for Monday that should start helping with the pain and maybe I can start walking again.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    My only goal for today is to go to my nutritionist appointment. Feeling completely overwhelmed by everything right now, so even just that is going to be a challenge.