'Bout over the PolarFT7

Options
i know it's practically sacrilege on this site, but i'm really starting to dis-love the ft7. wifey and i picked it up after I (bold and underline "I") read some terrific things about it on this and other sites. needless to say, now I (see previous parenth) look like a DB. our primary workouts are kickboxing and the chest strap does not stay in place, causing an inconstant and inconsistent AND inaccurate read.

so, my question is: are there any suggestions on good non-chest strap devices with calories burned feature?

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my GoWear Fit Bodymedia armband. It tracks me all day. It tracks calories burned, moderate exercise, vigorous exercise, steps taken and even tracks my sleep!:love::love:

My main workouts are TurboFire, Turbo Jam and Tae Bo, never had the armband move:smile:
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I must bump as I am about to purchase one and this could be very helpful. Hopefully you will have better luck with the next purchase, as frustrating as this is. I also do kick boxing so this is good to know.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my GoWear Fit Bodymedia armband. It tracks me all day. It tracks calories burned, moderate exercise, vigorous exercise, steps taken and even tracks my sleep!:love::love:

My main workouts are TurboFire, Turbo Jam and Tae Bo, never had the armband move:smile:

thx! am looking at the Impact Sport ePULSE2
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You posted about your chest strap yesterday and got some pretty good feed back on possible solutions. Aside from staples, nails, and super glue, did you try any of them before giving up? Polar is a good product and brand, and chest strap hrm's are more accurate than just wrist models.
  • iamlegion714
    Options
    You posted about your chest strap yesterday and got some pretty good feed back on possible solutions. Aside from staples, nails, and super glue, did you try any of them before giving up? Polar is a good product and brand, and chest strap hrm's are more accurate than just wrist models.

im gonna try safety pinning it, but im pretty discouraged. i shoulda looked closer at strapless. i havent read any bad stuff about polar, and maybe the issues im having are just inherent in chest straps...?
  • ChrisMcCaffrey
    ChrisMcCaffrey Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Bump

Compression shirts might be another option. Wearing one could potentially eliminate the issue.
  • iamlegion714
    Options

Bump

Compression shirts might be another option. Wearing one could potentially eliminate the issue.

good call
  • ChrisMcCaffrey
    ChrisMcCaffrey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    P.S. if the issue is also with your wife they do make sports bras where the chest strap goes through the bra.
  • iamlegion714
    Options
    P.S. if the issue is also with your wife they do make sports bras where the chest strap goes through the bra.

thx Chris. We actually picked up another ft7, and it is *****en. maybe just had a faulty chest strap prior.